PDA

View Full Version : Erasing "Volume" function from Spacebar?

erikals
08-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Hi,
Is it possible to take away the "volume" function from the spacebar? I almost never use that function and it would be great if that was possible.

Any ideas? :)

marchermann
08-11-2003, 01:19 PM
Didn't Proton write a script for this once? Can't find it. Proton?

LyonHaert
08-11-2003, 01:34 PM
open up the Edit Menus window. the Volume selection entry should be under Bottom Edge > Selection. just delete it, and it shouldn't be on the bottom menu anymore.

i changed my bottom menu completely around so that it also has all 4 view toggles (Shift-F1 through Shift-F4 on default keys; for example, Shift-F4 toggles between Perspective and UV), and all 4 Action Center modes (Mouse, Selection, etc.)

Edit: oops, though i'd read "menubar" at first instead of spacebar. yeah, PMode (linked below) is what you want then. i don't use the Drop Tool version because i have other stuff on Ctrl-G and Ctrl-H

LeMartialou
08-11-2003, 01:46 PM
You'll find the Proton Tools there:

http://www.pixelpotential.com/

:wavey:

erikals
08-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Thanks LeMartialou, looks like what I need :thumbsup:

LyonHaert, it almost works deleting the Volume function in the Edit Menus, the problem is I still got the Include/Exclude function.
Weird.

Thanks to ya' all :)
I think I'll be using "pmodeDT" as it "... drops the current tool as it changes selection mode."

Great stuff.

LyonHaert
08-11-2003, 02:02 PM
the other problem with the Drop Tool version is that sometimes you need to use a tool that requires both a polygon and point selection (like Split). if you assign PMode_DT to the spacebar and use that to switch modes to make the secondary selection, then it's going to drop that first selection.

Edit: nope, wrong again. PMode_DT doesn't have an added 'Drop Tool' (i.e., Drop Current Tool), it has 'Deselect Tool (Make)'. so it will close an active tool just like Change Selection Mode will, with the only difference being that it will actually still change modes. Change Selection Modes will first try Deselect Tool (Make), and if that is successful, it doesn't actually change modes afterwards.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.