PDA

View Full Version : Alpha to mask...

fastfinger
08-11-2003, 12:53 PM
Hi.
How do I take an alpha channel from another and make it current image`s mask?
And how do you invert colors easily?
I`m a DF Newbie. :scream:

RealThing
08-11-2003, 05:53 PM
The alpha mask you can do a couple of different ways depending on the situation.

You can use a bitmap mask and put the mask image in the mask and tell it to use the alpha channel. To add a bitmap maps put the node you wish to mask in one of the views and right click and pick effect mask then select bitmap mask from the list.

You can also use the Channel Boolean node to take the alpha of one image and either replace or modify the existing alpha channel.

To inverse the colors use the Color Space node and use the "to RGB" and "negative" options. You could also use a custom tool and set the rgba expressions to 1.0-r1 1.0-b1 1.0-g1 and 1.0-a1. There may be a few other ways as well but there's 2 ways to do it off the top of my head.

fastfinger
08-11-2003, 09:53 PM
Wow! Thanks a lot:thumbsup:
You are my tutorial. hehe

RealThing
08-22-2003, 03:45 PM
Btw I found an easier and faster way to invert an image. The krokodove plugin set has an invert node which is one of the free tools. You can find more information on these here http://www.komkomdoorn.com/

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.