PDA

View Full Version : Shave and a haircut in Rmf 3 - Problem with lights

nataimages
09-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi,

I'm using Renderman for Maya 3 and trying to render out fur styled with the plug in shave and a haircut. I generated a rib file for shave and a haircut and the fur is visible as you can see in the first image of the attached screenshot. However when I place a light in the scene without any shadows turned on and generate a new rib file the fur renders out black, except in the alpha you can see that the fur is there.

Is there a way to get lights to work with shave and a haircut in Renderman for Maya 3?

Thank you so much for any suggestions.

Natalia

http://nataimages.com/uploads/fur_ball_test.jpg

P.S It's quite urgent as it's our honors project and we have a very tight deadline. We are trying to find the solution to render out fur. As there is no evaluation version for Renderman Studio, we are not 100% sure it will work to buy it and then realize that it is not working for us.

pptc
10-05-2009, 12:03 PM
May be attach custom shaders to light and hait curves?
I'm not sure in this, I not use RfM.

But 100% Renderman Studio and Shave - work together well.
Shave a long time ago can not only generate hairs in memory, but also export in plain text rib file, and you can do anything with it.
(I test it several years ago, and it be a little tricky... think now is more user friendly)

marinhops
10-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi, I think renderman for maya doesn't work with shave hair cut (see help of shave), you need the renderman studio for work with SHCut.

Marinho P.S

Brazil, São Paulo

CGTalk Moderation
10-20-2009, 06:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.