PDA

View Full Version : Rendering CG for PAL Video (fields)

misterwolfy
09-27-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm working with some footage that was shot on film, then converted to PAL video. There is some green screen matting and CG to be added.

1. I'm not that experienced with video. Any tips as to working with fields?

2. Since this is film footage are there other issues re fields? Can I ignore them?

3. Finally, do I have to render to fields from my 3d package, or just at final output.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read or answer this.

Wolfy

mojaz
09-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Hello misterwolfy..

There is some tips to working better in project :

(( 1. I'm not that experienced with video. Any tips as to working with fields? ))

As we know ( PAL ) need upper field _ ( NTSC ) need lower field..

some footage need to be converted to fields..

(( 2. Since this is film footage are there other issues re fields? Can I ignore them? ))

sorry.. you can not Ignore them becuse when you render your footage some lines or distort appears in your final Video..
you should convert your footage to Upper if you are working on PAL..
Or Lower if you are working on NTSC..

((3. Finally, do I have to render to fields from my 3d package, or just at final output ))

Yes.. you should render to fields from your 3D package then when you want to render
Re-render your work to the right field too ..

Some tips:

_ If you are working in a real world project you need an editing Card ( Montage Card )
to see the real and right output..

_ For green screen shots be careful to the (( fields _ edges _lighting _ Color correction ))

Then engoy with your final output and cheers !!

MJ..

Kai01W
09-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Sorry, have to disagree here.

If the original was shot on film it is progressive. I assume it was shot 25P. So rendering your 3D in fields would make it look rather different compared to the plate and would not really integrate. So render progressive, do the compositing progressive and at the end of the process when everything is done convert it to whatever you need even if that container (i.e. a quicktime) for putting it to tape needs to be field1 dominant the actual content will still be non-interlaced.

-k

mojaz
09-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Hello Kai01W..

(( at the end of the process when everything is done convert it to whatever you need even if that container (i.e. a quicktime) for putting it to tape needs to be field1 dominant the actual content will still be non-interlaced. ))

I Agree with you totally ..

I try to render from 3D Package With progressive But when i composite it with Live footage and rener it to fields in the final out put there is some flickiring in the movie..!!

When I re render it With fields and the final output to the problem was solved..

I don't know why that was happened..!

thanks
Hello Kai01W..

(( at the end of the process when everything is done convert it to whatever you need even if that container (i.e. a quicktime) for putting it to tape needs to be field1 dominant the actual content will still be non-interlaced. ))

I Agree with you totally ..

I try to render from 3D Package With progressive But when i composite it with Live footage and rener it to fields in the final out put there is some flickiring in the movie..!!

When I re render it With fields and the final output to the problem was solved..

I don't know why that was happened..!

If there is any tip for a good work.. plz share it with us..

Thanks for the tip Kai01W:)

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2009, 01:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.