PDA

View Full Version : J schleifer rigging question about integration of creature rig CD

dharmabum
08-11-2003, 09:08 AM
Need some help from any of you out there. I have the Integrating of a creature animation rig etc CD and have been practicing the tutorials and reading the docs. I have almost finished setting up the example skeleton provided in the CD but have gotten stuck. I can't seem to be able to get the twist to the back to work. When I type in the expression that connects the shoulder_orient.ry to the back_ikHandle.twist and click on create button the shoulder and spine gets twisted 180 degrees. Anybody know why that is happening? I've been trying to figure this out for the last couple of hours and can't solve it from the docs and it seems that Jason Schleifer does it another way on the cd itself and I can't duplicate that method either. Anybody have a clue where I might be going wrong.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

cavetroll
08-11-2003, 11:50 AM
heya dharmabum.
if your spine gets twisted 180 degrees after you created your twist-expression you should check for the correct alignment of your shoulder_orient bone.
did you use jsOrientJoint to get the axes of the twist-joint-structure right? also check that all the rotation values are zeroed out. you can easily get some values on your rotation parameters if you did parent the shoulderOrientJoint (which is under hip_orient and this under hip_control) to an object which rotation values are not zero.
so, the y-axis of the shoulderControlJoint should point world up, rotation order should be xzy and the z-axis should be facing the direction that all your spine and torso-joints are facing. for me I always use positive z direction. in general, the alignment of all the local rotation axes of all your spine- and control-bones does have to be the same!

hope that helps, cheers.

dharmabum
08-11-2003, 07:15 PM
Hey cavetroll, thanks I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.