PDA

View Full Version : I don't see star ratings anymore. What happend?

Emil3d
09-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi, there used to threads marked (rated) with stars. Now I don't see any stars in any forum on this site. Were they removed or is it something that affects only my browsing here?

khendar
09-28-2009, 01:39 AM
The star system was reworked several months ago. If you search the support forums you will be able to find several threads discussing the change.

Emil3d
10-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Well I spent more than 10 min searching and didn't find any particular thread explaining as to why the star system rating was reworked.

I'm writing this just to say to whoever is interested that my visits to the forums of this site have been greatly reduced due to the lack of the star system. I'm afraid that I'm not alone and less visitors and vistits may be not what this change was all about.

Previously I used to visit the WIP forums almost daily and I no longer do that. The star system used to help me view threads that made my visits here worth the time.
Not that I never check other threads - I usually have time to check the latest 5-10 threads per day but after seeing mostly works that are not interesting I gave up and no longer visit these forums.

Now I spend most of my time for this visiting other sites like conceptart and CGTalk is no longer my favorate online destination.

Kirt
10-19-2009, 07:36 PM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=79&t=755080

I only had to go down 4 threads to find it ... odd. :shrug:

Emil3d
10-20-2009, 01:05 AM
Thanks,
Well, I did find that thread in my initial search and read till the 3rd page then checked the last couple of pages - it is a discussion about changing the star system which at the end I'm not sure how it works. Maybe a summary or a note about how it works would be more useful than reading a very long thread.

Anyway, when I posted my message I actually thought that that there is no more a star system at all based on the experience from my visits to some forums in the last months. Threads that used to have stars are now without them and it happened that I didn't see any stars at all. Now I just checked again browsing more and it appears that there are very few threads with stars.

At the end the concerns described in my previous post still remain valid and if I'm not the only one or part of insignificant minority, this change in my opinion negatively effects the user experience with this site.

I posted my experience and suggestions in the other thread so basically I'm continuing this message there http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=6161563#post6161563

CGTalk Moderation
10-20-2009, 01:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.