PDA

View Full Version : Noobie here... FINAL TOON HELP.

manservantpablo
09-26-2009, 05:16 AM
I only recently (and I do mean recently) started using 3ds to do some 3d modeling. I eventually want to animate a short web series and create tons of art with 3ds max and maya etc. I seem to be coming along great except for this one issue I seem to run into when using final toon as the shader.

Final toon is amazing by the way.

http://ufsc.thedoublenegative.net/forumupload.jpg

I have this problem when it renders, Im building a set using some standard shapes to achieve a nice squared away house, level all around with the windows all looking spiffy.. All is working well except for these darned edges that appear where the prims seem to stack next to eachother. Im not sure how I would go about removing those lines, but Ive been picking at it for a few days now.

If anyone has any kind of help they have or a tip they know or a link to a tip they know, I am in desperate need of help. And I have to thank you all in advance for taking the time to read here.

Thanks!

manservantpablo
09-26-2009, 06:54 PM
I figured out a way around it by creating an editable spline, extrude, and using a boolean to hollow out the shape for the windows. So far this seems to be working excellently for me. Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
09-26-2009, 06:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.