PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle flash help...

Capel
09-25-2009, 09:47 PM
I just finished editing a new video and it needs a few muzzle flashes. The footage is HD and a few of the shots are in slow motion, so it's a little intimidating for me since I have almost no compositing experience.

I tried a few on my own, and they don't look so good. Not horrible, but it's really bringing the quality of the overall video down a few notches.

So I was hoping that someone on these forums might have an hour or two to spare to help me out with this. It wouldn't be anything fancy. Just a few convincing muzzle flashes in 5 short shots, 3 of which are in slow motion.

The first video in the series is up on youtube and it's done pretty well on there so far, so while I can't offer any compensation, your work would at least be seen by a few hundred thousand youtuber's, hopefully.

Here's a link to the first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXGWZxI9lAs

Thanks in advance for any help. I realize that you guys are all busy with your own stuff, so if anyone is willing to help I would be really freakin grateful. Either way, thanks for taking the time to check this out!

Whelkn
09-25-2009, 11:01 PM
there are plenty of tutorials on muzzles flashes online. Probably be easier for you to Google those and bang a few put in after effects then wait for someone to volunteer to help you.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=muzzle+flashes+in+after+effects+tutorials&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=jUu9Sr2yHIiY8AbCzbWeAQ&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4#

beaker
09-28-2009, 09:06 AM
You would be amazed at how simple muzzle flashes are. I composited plenty and they are really just 1 to 2 frame 2d "blast" shapes. When you look at the real ones frame by frame they look very cartoony. It is amazing how simple they are.

Funny video btw. Though your cuts are too slow for a Michael Bay movie. You need to add more 4-5 frame flashes of other things happening and then cut back to the action. :) Also make the video super contrasty, crush the blacks, blow out the whites. Awesome start though. I really like where it is going.

Rockhoppermedia
10-03-2009, 10:01 AM
try video copilot

happychopper
10-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Yeah - I just purchased Video Copilot's Action Essentials 2K dvd and they work a treat (brilliant value for money)

CGTalk Moderation
10-04-2009, 09:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.