PDA

View Full Version : How do I add a eye sphere to an existing sculpt?

Aluuk
09-25-2009, 07:37 AM
Hey everyone! I'm very new to zbrush, and I ran into a simple problem. I wanted to add a sphere into my eye socket, and sculpt the lid around it....but for the life of me I can't figure out how to add a sphere to an existing model.

I have figured out that I need to go to sub tool/append/then pick the sphere. After that I'm at a bit of a loss. This HUGE sphere comes into my scene...and whenever I click the scale tool to scale it down....it scales my head sculpture down instead of the sphere. If I go into the layers of the subtool and highlight the sphere layer (instead of the head sculpt layer) and try to do scale again, the three circle scale tool doesn't appear...and if I click on the sphere, the sphere disappears. It's really annoying that I'm having such a hard time adding a couple of spheres to my shot. Any ideas?

I am using zbrush 3.1 for mac.

Thanks, and I REALLY appreciate the help!

-Leif

blank
09-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Seems like your doing the correct things to add another tool as a subtool:

Recap:
Subtools > Append > select tool to add as new subtool (in your case a shere or eye)
select the Subtool layer of your choice by clicking on it > anything you do should only change subtool on selected layer.

If you have Subtool Master plugin there is a mirror button to make the creation of the second eye easier.

Hitting the 'Transp' button (transparent) should make your unselected subtool layers transparent to help with the eye positioning.

Does the above workflow work with other tools - try adding the Polymesh3D to the Polysphere and see if it works, at least then you'll know you doing it correct, if not theres a more annoying problem.

Otherwise it could be a scale issue with your head

RichardMarklew
09-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Aluuk, There's a step you missed out when you added the sphere for the eye. If you append the Sphere3d tool, this is not a polymesh. You have to load the sphere3d tool and at the top of the Tool palette press 'Make Polymesh3D'. Then you import this tool into your model and the transpose scale tool should now work on it.

Richard

Aluuk
09-26-2009, 05:56 AM
Aluuk, There's a step you missed out when you added the sphere for the eye. If you append the Sphere3d tool, this is not a polymesh. You have to load the sphere3d tool and at the top of the Tool palette press 'Make Polymesh3D'. Then you import this tool into your model and the transpose scale tool should now work on it.

Richard

Thanks for the help guys...this did the trick!

CGTalk Moderation
09-26-2009, 05:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.