PDA

View Full Version : Colour Problem of Cleopatra

hyunxi
09-25-2009, 12:06 AM
Hi there,
I'm recently work on my new project Cleopatra with the final aim of making a realistic female model of Cleopatra the famouse Ancient Egypt Queen. It is kind of 3d thing but now I'm stuck in colour problem in concept art stage.

I wanted to render the whole mode and colour pattern right before doing anything else.
Here are two sketches for them :3 Nya.

I'm going to develop the second one (in purple dress). Now the thing is my friend thinks the colour is raffish. Purple and redish fabric somehow make it cheap....

I want her sitting in a luxurious while simple environment, but at the same time I prefer cool background colour (I use very dark blue in this case) than warm colour.

Anyone could kindly give some suggestion on it?

karan123
09-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi there!

Can I just make a comment on composition. I think it'd be wiser to flip both images on the horizontal axis. This will draw the attention to the rest of the body as people generally start looking from top left to right.

As for the colors and environment, I am probably not the best person to take advice from but what I prefer doing is starting with neutral colors and then expanding on areas I want to draw attention to with more vibrant color?

Hope that helped somehow.

Kind Regards,
Karan

CGTalk Moderation
09-29-2009, 10:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.