PDA

View Full Version : Help Me!!!!!

emar
08-11-2003, 12:49 AM
Hello, i have a problem:
I have created one object with Maya ver. 5.
After rendering the file, i obtain the file "object.avi".
When i rendereing the scene use alpha channel (mask).
Is it Correct?
After i import the file "object.avi" in Aftre Effect.
In this moment, i must remove background from "object.avi", for
see under the "object.avi" another background.
This is my problem...
People Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Sorry for my English... :p

:wavey: :wavey:

webster
08-11-2003, 09:03 AM
First of all, *.avi does not support Alpha-Channels.

Second, never render as *.avi, if Maya crashes while rendering in the last frame, everything is gone (file will be corrupt).
Render, if possible again in tga or tif

If You have no possibility, You could make a key (some kind of blue-screen with another colour). Check the help-files and the Effects-menu in AFX. This is only possible if You background has on colour (eg black). Also You would key (or mask) everything which is black in the file, but try it, play with different key-filters and their settings.

Tooka
08-11-2003, 02:22 PM
Webster is quite right!
If you use MAYA I suggest you render TIF, TGA sequence,both of them support Alpha,and if you wanna some effects, to use the RLA is the best way, it can store both Alpha and Z!

emar
08-12-2003, 01:42 AM
Thank's all for help me!!!
:buttrock: :thumbsup: :applause:

dg
08-12-2003, 09:51 AM
AVI does support alpha channels in the uncompressed format, but I think movie formats like avi, mov, etc aren't the best option when you are dealing with 3D renders for many reasons.

1. Some crash and all your render is gone with the wind
2. You can't stop and resume with minimal loss
3. And many others :)

Tga and Tiff are the most common formats, and the most compatibles ones, if you need or want to do 3D Post Effects in the compositing stage you can use rla or rpf, but I think you have compatibility issues with Maya rla, at least for combustion it happens, I'm not quit sure about Maya2AE pipeline but even if they do happen there is always a workaround.

I hope that helps,
See ya! 8)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.