PDA

View Full Version : Best photogrammetry modeling package? (ie 3d from photos)

sugarandfat
09-23-2009, 06:06 PM
I've been intermittently using image modeler for a while now, and I don't know if it's getting worse, but I just tried to model a box, with the best photos I could take, and it failed.
Let alone what I'm actually trying to use it for.

What's the best package available at the moment? Doing a quick search there seems to be quite a few on the market.

I'm looking for something fairly capable of getting a good reliable solution, particularly on curved surfaces.

Cheers.

ysvry
10-01-2009, 11:47 PM
did you try sketch up already ?

Lolec
10-05-2009, 03:23 AM
My problem is I don't seem to find any software except from PhotoModeler Scanner ( using it for 3 days and I cant get a good result ) any other software you've found ?

sugarandfat
10-05-2009, 12:36 PM
I had a quick look at Sketchup and a few plugins for it, they look more suited to architecture and other box based objects.

I did find this tho
http://www.rhinophoto3d.com/
Which looks ideal for what I'm doing except you have to print off and attach custom markers. Not that that's the end of the world...

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2009, 12:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.