PDA

View Full Version : Terminator 4 in the making....sans Arnold?

Array
08-10-2003, 08:03 PM
http://reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=filmNews&storyID=3250332

mind
08-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Arnold is now heading for California governor, hehe there is a line in the movie Demolition Man in which Sandra Bullock tells Silvester Stalone that Arnold became the president of the United States...and in the plot of course they are in the future. Can you imagine? What a premonition!!!

Marc Andreoli
08-10-2003, 09:32 PM
it is the rise of the machines...

Joviex
08-10-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by mind Silvester Stalone that Arnold became the president of the United States...and in the plot of course they are in the future. Can you imagine? What a premonition!!! [/B]

Bearing in mind that here in the US you must be a natural born citizen to become president. One of the three major items in the checklist.

Article 2, section 1 of the Constitution.

GCL
08-11-2003, 12:14 AM
How true !
However, in the next line by Bullock, the Constitution amended !

MikeRhone
08-11-2003, 01:03 AM
I doubt that they would ever let Arnie run for prez though. In a way it would say that there isn't one single man born in the USA capable of running the country, so lets get an Austrian.

Still... as a Canadian I say go Arnie! If ever there is a war against the machines, I'de rather have him in the hotseat than Neo.

:p

polygun
08-11-2003, 01:45 AM
You know, i hardly see a reason for arnold to be in T4 other than a cameo as a fleshed out T-800.

The endo infiltration units roam around post war LA as robots, not with flesh covering them. Unless skynet needs a T-800 for an assassination, there is no need to provide the tissue coating.

Besides, the model 101 T-800 (arnie model) has long since been retired by skynet in the future.

Joviex
08-11-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by GCL
How true !
However, in the next line by Bullock, the Constitution amended !

LOL, yeah but I very much doubt the constitution will be amended for Arnold. It would take some mighty persuation at this point to remove the 14 years living in the US, natural born citizen and 35 year old conditions.

Still, dare to dream.

Martyr
08-11-2003, 03:36 AM
Arnold doesn't have to be part of t4...In t3 the old character of claires Danes say that she sent back a familiar version of t-800 for john...

Im not sure but in T1 i think when we saw the war in the futur we saw another terminator model they not looking like arnold, it should be cool to see this machines war!!!

Whelkn
08-11-2003, 08:19 AM
Didnt Arnold say in T3 that he was the one that killed John Conner in the future. So He would have to be in the next one or a full CG version of him;)

DJ-Wood
08-11-2003, 09:41 AM
Bearing in mind that here in the US you must be a natural born citizen to become president. One of the three major items in the checklist.

Does anybody remember that other Austrian guy who ended up running a country that he wasn't actually born in?

Think his name was Adolf something or other ...

Clanger
08-11-2003, 12:36 PM
I wish Arnold would come over to the UK and blow our politicians away.

Troll
08-11-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by polygun
You know, i hardly see a reason for arnold to be in T4 other than a cameo as a fleshed out T-800.

The endo infiltration units roam around post war LA as robots, not with flesh covering them. Unless skynet needs a T-800 for an assassination, there is no need to provide the tissue coating.

Besides, the model 101 T-800 (arnie model) has long since been retired by skynet in the future.

thats bs.
Arnold IS terminator. he'll be back.

TALK TO THE HAND!:buttrock: ;)

FClub_TDurden
08-12-2003, 01:33 AM
Well there is a movement by some senators to have an amendment that says if your naturalized for 25 yrs you can run for president....

So Arnie might get his chance yet!!

eliseu gouveia
08-12-2003, 02:14 AM
Now we only need to enlist Stallone in a special police division and turn Wesley Snipes into a homicidal maniac and Demolition Man is halfway from becoming reality ;)

reddman
08-12-2003, 05:55 AM
Your all not metioning that Arnie is the Kennedies wild card. They have been out of the rat race for too long. Arnie is the kennedies pawn, and thats how they are getting back into power. Arnie is the kennedies bitch, like it ot not, thats what the big picture here is.

Nemoid
08-13-2003, 02:01 PM
Think Arnie is a great guy so, why not president on the future??? Our Italian politicians are awful compared to him!!

El_Zendor
08-14-2003, 08:12 PM
hey reddman,

I thought the Kennedys were democrats and Arnie a Republican....

Leesee
08-16-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by reddman
Your all not metioning that Arnie is the Kennedies wild card. They have been out of the rat race for too long. Arnie is the kennedies pawn, and thats how they are getting back into power. Arnie is the kennedies bitch, like it ot not, thats what the big picture here is.

What a dork............:rolleyes: :p

specs44
08-16-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by DJ-Wood
Does anybody remember that other Austrian guy who ended up running a country that he wasn't actually born in?

Think his name was Adolf something or other ...

Its kind of funny that you mention that, Arnold's father Use to be an ex Nazi! I guess they were'nt even that close, because he never showed up for his fathers funreal.its mentioned in an a article in the village voice.

http://villagevoice.com/issues/0333/musto2.php

Darkchild
08-18-2003, 03:55 PM
vin diesel would be great for T4

my mistake mattregnier :hmm: ;)

mattregnier
08-18-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Darkchild
vin diesel would be great for T3

T3 has already been made, and if you're suggesting diesal for the 4th one, man that isn't cool, diesal would totally kill the struggling franchise...

elfufu
08-18-2003, 08:09 PM
:)

KolbyJukes
08-19-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by mattregnier
T3 has already been made, and if you're suggesting diesal for the 4th one, man that isn't cool, diesal would totally kill the struggling franchise...

DIESEL IS GOD! he should be in everything. And i think he would have made a rocking adversary for Arnold.

And I would hardly call Terminator a struggling franchise...honestly, none of the sequel flicks released this summer (with the exception of Matrix 2) have near the fan base of the Terminator Series.

mattregnier
08-19-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by KWAK
DIESEL IS GOD! he should be in everything.

Are you kidding me??? You've got to be joking...everything with the exception of pitch black that diesal has done is campy. And as far as the terminator franchise is concerned, most hardcore terminator fans thought the storyline for 3 was weak to nil. Maybe it's just me, but Vin Diesal needs another role like riddick and he'll shine again, not this racing fast cars or being a cop crap...

parallax
08-20-2003, 02:40 PM

Article 2, section 1 of the Constitution.

Should i even bother to comment on this article...
far to easy...

whats a natural born citizen in the US??

mattregnier
08-20-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by KWAK
And I would hardly call Terminator a struggling franchise...

to back up my claims it is...
as taken from...
from http://news.independent.co.uk/digital/news/story.jsp?story=434778

"A 56 per cent drop over the first week of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines was not what the studio moguls had expected. As Arnold Schwarzenegger himself might say, hasta la vista, baby."

now tell me that's not a struggling franchise...

jeremybirn
08-20-2003, 07:47 PM
Terminator series is extrememly profitable, T3 has earned $366 million worldwide so far, and hasn't even hit video yet:

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/series/Terminator.php

So, to make a sequel, maybe the next one should be all digital: ;)

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/51000/51285PUWT_w.jpg

-jeremy

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.