PDA

View Full Version : why can't maya render the same view as vue ???!!

xkaser101
09-23-2009, 11:25 AM
I've created a scene in vue and saved it so I can test if maya can render the same as vue stand-alone interface .

and there was some problems like the lens flare effect and some lighting problems I will attach the pictures

Note :-

I'm using vue7xstream with maya 2009 and rendered the scene using maya software

Thanks in advance ,
Best regards ,
Essa khamis.

sconlogue
09-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Not sure about Vue & Maya but I found that Max 2010 had similar issues when using Mental Ray with Gamma correction and Photographic exposure. As soon as I disabled them both the renders matched up.

InfernalDarkness
09-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Maya's software renderer doesn't support GI or anything of the sort.

Also to note, your mountains in the Maya render have very, very low resolution. Something's not translating well in that case?

But to get Maya and Vue working together, you'll need to use mental ray with sun/sky to make your renders match up.

bruno021
09-24-2009, 09:05 PM
It's aslo possible that the difference comes from the camera post effects that are applied by default to the Vue camera in standalone (natural fim response and auto exposure), and that are not applied by default inside the host app.

xkaser101
09-25-2009, 11:14 AM
Maya's software renderer doesn't support GI or anything of the sort.

Also to note, your mountains in the Maya render have very, very low resolution. Something's not translating well in that case?

But to get Maya and Vue working together, you'll need to use mental ray with sun/sky to make your renders match up.

when using mental ray the renderer can't render anything and the only thing that it does render is a black screen . :(

bruno021
09-25-2009, 01:04 PM
There are many posts about the black screen problem, ,which is a bad setting in the render options. Search for an answer here or at e-on registered forums. Since I use C4D, I can't help you on this, sorry.

InfernalDarkness
09-25-2009, 03:47 PM
when using mental ray the renderer can't render anything and the only thing that it does render is a black screen . :(

I don't think anyone said that the Xstream plug-in for Maya actually works, except Eon software. It's been broken since Vue 6.

xkaser101
09-25-2009, 06:34 PM
There are many posts about the black screen problem, ,which is a bad setting in the render options. Search for an answer here or at e-on registered forums. Since I use C4D, I can't help you on this, sorry.

anyway thanks for helping me but I need vue to work probably and tell me is it working good with c4d ?

bruno021
09-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Yes, it's working fine in C4D, don't always believe the darkness, it can be deceiving.
I'll seach the forums for you so you can get an answer. But I don't have the time right now.

xkaser101
09-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Yes, it's working fine in C4D, don't always believe the darkness, it can be deceiving.
I'll seach the forums for you so you can get an answer. But I don't have the time right now.
thanks alot :)

InfernalDarkness
09-26-2009, 01:11 AM
I don't know what you're trying to accomplish or what your workflow is, xkaser101, but you can do anything inside of Maya that you could do with Vue. It seems backwards to attempt to change out your main package to suit a plug-in; if you don't already own and know C4D, but you do own Maya, then it might benefit you in the long run to just learn how to do landscapes with Maya.

Here's a recent and excellent thread on using Maya by itself to create forests:

Forests in Maya mental ray (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=6123882#post6123882)

bruno021
09-26-2009, 10:01 AM
I found many threads about black renders in Max, but not in Maya, I'll keep searching, but they might actually be linked, since both Max & Maya use MR with Vue.

bruno021
09-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Xkaser, I suppose you have the "render Vue scene" box ticked in the Vue options dialog?
Still trying to find help for you....

bruno021
09-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Ok, Here's what I could grab, as I said I don't use Mental Ray nor Maya, so I'll copy paste and hope this is clear enough for you:

"I assume that he has atmospherics turned on? That's the only thing I can see... I opened max, made a box, opened a new xstream, and hit render. The only other thing that might cause it are scaling issues, if the vue sun ends up inside another object? I'm not sure on that.

At the very least, he should start with an empty scene... and make sure that there's not some other fundamental issue going on. "

"And along the same lines, if the camera clipping isn't accurate, it may look in the preview like the camera is outside an object such as a landscape, but in reality, the camera might actually be inside an object such as a landscape - which would obscure it from the light source(s) and environment, causing an entirely black rendering."

"It may also be something as simple as an exposure problem.

I'm not terribly familiar with the Maya side of things but sometimes 3ds Max users will setup the scene exposure control for a powerful daylight scene and then not configure xStream accordingly and end up with a black sky."

Hope this helps.

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2009, 08:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.