PDA

View Full Version : To Jayk2k

fastfinger
08-10-2003, 05:41 PM
Hi.
Jayk2k. I think you are the one to give us some script.
It`s about LW to DFX.
I think people will want to automate the PSD files exported from the LW to be ready to worked on in DFX.
The concept is....
delete the background node(or not)
delete the default node.
detatch the depth node from the tree
make the diffuse shading BG and the raw color node FG and in the merge node change the screen to multiply
and so on....I think you guys at eyeonline will know what I`m saying...
This one tool will be great fot the LW users. :buttrock:
How about making this script or macro and post it at the eyeonline.com? This might be the first big support for the LW users.

marchermann
08-10-2003, 07:40 PM
Well, I hope that LW8 fixes its PSD output. That would make mauch more sense. And everyone, who got DFX+ through a LW deal will end up with LW8 eventually.

Marc

fastfinger
08-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Oh! well. That will be much better! :)
But I want my suggestion to be accepted cause we dont know whether the newtek will fix the PSD export plug in.

Jayk2k
08-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Well I'm currently no longer with eyeon, but I haven't given up support for our favourite compositing app... :D

I do have plans on getting some of this as part of my 3D tutorials later this month. I've just finished moving from Vancouver, so I have some things to take care of, but I plan on getting them done by months end.

sadde
08-12-2003, 11:09 AM
this can be another tread but as you mentioned about the psd exporter:
i couldn`t get my psd work in df.
can you tell all the "make your psd layers ready in df" flow?
i would be grateful i am not in a hurry but i couldn`t get it work and it makes me mad:)
thanks,

marchermann
08-12-2003, 11:16 AM
Sadde,

check this out:

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/eyeon/PSD_Saving.mov

It starts in LW, but you can fast forward to the DF part.
Maybe this helps already.

Marc

sadde
08-12-2003, 03:18 PM
well yes i can say it was helpful.
it took some time for me to download it (our ftp ports are closed)
but yes it was great:)
thanks a lot.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.