PDA

View Full Version : Color of tabs and images in the tab (MXS)

braime
09-21-2009, 04:07 PM
I am trying to write a little MaxScript and want to pack it in a GUI. Because there is to much stuff for one page, I want to use tabs. I took the Example from the MaxScript-Help. I have two problems working with the code:

1. The Tabs are in the grey "LookAndFeel" from previous MaxVersions, not in the dark 2010-look (see screenshot). Is it possible to change the colors of the tabs?

2. As a quick and dirty solution, I wanted to show Images instead of the caption of the tab. In the help-file, the tab properties are listed: caption, tag, index... and image. How do I use them, or in other words, why does

ax_tabs.tabs[1].caption = "First Tab"

work , and

ax_tabs.tabs[1].Image = "D:\\FileIO_Test\\Picto.jpg"

not? Is anything wrong with the Path?

I was able to set a ToolTip, but not the Height of a tab for example... What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in anticipation for any help!
Daniel

MarcoBrunetta
09-21-2009, 04:25 PM
If I remember correctly, the tab strip example in the reference uses ActiveX, you should work with a .NET tabStrip instead, as ActiveX is no longer supported and will not work on the latest windows versions (Vista and up).

braime
09-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Thank you Marco for the fast reply! I am not familiar with .NET programming and my first approach was using the SDK, but maxscript is so much easier and faster (in producing something useful) that I went back to maxscript. I will read more about the combination of .NET and maxscript. Any maxscript-only solution would of course be really great ;)

Daniel

Sigmao
09-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi Braime, maybe you'll want to look around the rezn8 maxscript extension.
You can find it here:
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/plugins/the-rezn8-productions-maxscript-control-and-function-library

edit: If you're using 3dsmax 2010, you can found it at www.maxplugins.de.

MarcoBrunetta
09-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Thank you Marco for the fast reply! I am not familiar with .NET programming and my first approach was using the SDK, but maxscript is so much easier and faster (in producing something useful) that I went back to maxscript. I will read more about the combination of .NET and maxscript. Any maxscript-only solution would of course be really great ;)

Daniel

You can use .NET directly inside of maxscript, there's probably a couple of code samples in this forum of .net tabstrip done directly in mxs, try doing a search.

braime
09-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks again you two, I will have a look at the .NET examples and the rezn8 extension and will probably be back with more questions ;)

-edit: The rezn8 extension is exactly, what I needed at the moment. The two examples are easy to understand and provide Tabs in the 2010 LookAndFeel. Additionally my buttons look "cooler" now ^^

PEN
09-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Here is a simple tutorial on the tab control being used with Max rollouts.

http://paulneale.com/tutorials/dotNet/dotNet.htm

braime
09-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks a million for the link Paul, very nice and understandable tutorials! At the moment I prefer the razn8-extension, because it is exactly what I was looking for. But for the future (and I am afraid it is the not so far future) I will probably appreciate having the opportunity to use .NET functionality...

CGTalk Moderation
09-22-2009, 01:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.