PDA

View Full Version : changing the birth position of particles

flore33
09-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi,

I have particles emitting from a curve, I would like that the particles emitted on the x positive side get emitted on the negative x position.

I have started to do it with birth position but for the moment I am just killing them on the positive side because I don't how to reposition them on the other side.
can someone help to figure it out.
Thanks.

flore33
09-21-2009, 01:36 PM
I know it is about stating positive and negative position , but that the thing I don't know how to do

If someone could explain me this it will be cool.
Thanks

Irakli
09-21-2009, 01:58 PM
If emitter type is Curve then you must change DitrectionX of that emitter from positive ton nagative or vice versa.

flore33
09-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Sorry I think I didn't explain the set up properly.
I have a curve around a cylinder, I would like that the particles emitted on the x positive side of the curve be emitted on the negative side with the one emitting on the negative side.
Basically i would like that their position can been mirror on the other side.
thanks for the help

Irakli
09-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Can you upload the scene?

flore33
09-21-2009, 03:17 PM
the scene is massive in term of all the set up, but basically, there is an ocean with a boat passing through, the boat has a curve attach to it and the curve emit particles. I can kill the particle on the positive side so my system runs fine as I don't need this particles. I was just wondering if it will be possible to reposition them on the other side, but it might just be a crazy idea and I should keep it simple.

Aikiman
09-21-2009, 10:23 PM
On the emitter see if reducing the normal speed to zero and increasing tangent speed works then start playing with the direction of the emitter. If you can make it work this way it will be better than trying to create expressions based on particle birth velocity because if your boat changes direction then your expressions no longer work. Maybe create 2 curves, one for each side of the boat brow and adjust the direction.

Your method of killing the particle is the next best thing besides writing comlicated mel.

Irakli
09-22-2009, 01:50 AM
Sorry for late reply.I think Aikiman is right, 2 curves is the beter solution.

CGTalk Moderation
09-22-2009, 01:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.