PDA

View Full Version : dotNet scroll control event handler problems

PEN
09-20-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm using a scroll control and I'm having a hard time getting any of the mouse event handlers to work. mouseDown, mouseUp... are just not working. Any solutions? I'm trying to call these when scrolling.

denisT
09-20-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm using a scroll control and I'm having a hard time getting any of the mouse event handlers to work. mouseDown, mouseUp... are just not working. Any solutions? I'm trying to call these when scrolling.

what scroll control are you using? where do you put it? (dialog, floater, form?)

denisT
09-20-2009, 10:29 PM
i don't know why do you need mouse events, but mouseUp, mouseDown, mouseClick, mouseDoubleClick don't work in HScrollBar and VScrollBar...

mouseMove kinda works.

Scroll event gives almost everything to handle the control.

PEN
09-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Well I need to stop other things from drawing until the scroll is complete. My UI is starting to get a bit slow. Maybe a hack with a timer, wouldn't be the first time I have had to do it in this tool.

PEN
09-20-2009, 10:41 PM
I should mention that it is in a tab that is in a rollout, well indirectly, there are a few other controls in there as well but something like that.

denisT
09-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Well I need to stop other things from drawing until the scroll is complete. My UI is starting to get a bit slow. Maybe a hack with a timer, wouldn't be the first time I have had to do it in this tool.

you can set .Capture property to capture the mouse, but it didn't work well for me.

also you can listen MouseCaptureChanged event. It calls for every mouse up and down...

to get end of scrolling you can listen Scroll event and check its type. EndScroll is the end.

denisT
09-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Maybe a hack with a timer, wouldn't be the first time I have had to do it in this tool.

i used a timer a lot to this kind of things, but i hate the using of it.

CGTalk Moderation
09-20-2009, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.