PDA

View Full Version : canon HV40 to finalcut and back?

metamesh
09-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Hey guys,
I have a canon HV40 that records in fullHD, i want to transfer some footage to my laptop to make some edition and stuff in finalcut pro v.5, but the problem that iīm having is that i just manage to capture at 1440x1080...once i capture that, i havenīt managed yet to export my edition back to my camera, i keep getting an error message saying that is impossible to gfind my camera,so my main 2 questions at this point are:

how can i capture at fullHD? what coded should i be using for that? maybe i need to install some extra codec to do so?

and how can i trasnfer the footage back to the camera once is edited?

thanks a lot guys, very appreciated

beaker
09-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Are you recording full 24p mode that the hv40 added? I'm guessing that may not be supported with fcp5 since it was the first version of fcp to add hdv support and the hv40 is a much newer camera. You can try capturing to Apple Intermediate Codec, since that is what apple suggests you capture in for HDV. Going back out might be an issue.

One thought, if you have a newer version of Imovie, maybe try that for capture and output and just do the editing in fcp.

gillesm
09-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Hello !

If you record your footages on a HDV tape, the resolution you get is normal. This is due to your tape limitation. But, that's true that the HV20-30-40 have a full HD captor, and you can retrieve full HD footages if you connect the camera to your computer trough the blackmagic card.1440x1080 in a 1.33 aspect ratio is equal to a full HD in a square pixel ratio.

Hope that's help :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-21-2009, 07:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.