PDA

View Full Version : vray compositing, how to get floor reflection as alpha? (help needed,images included)

Piotrek255
09-20-2009, 12:36 AM
this problem is hard to explain so i did an image, basically i have a scene with glass standing on a gray reflective floor and i need to composite it so that the glass reflection on the floor is visible.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3686/38052710.jpg

Mr. Glass
09-22-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm actually looking for the exact same thing. If there's anybody out there that has a fix or a work around, please speak up. If this has already been covered, I apologize, and could you post a link to the thread where this has been addressed? Thanks.

wurp
09-22-2009, 02:25 PM
why dont you have a separate pass where you simply reflect the white glass in the ground, then you'll get the results you need.

im no max user so I can't help with the specifics but it should be easy enough.

jfrancis
09-23-2009, 08:08 AM
The nice thing about Photoshop's 'soft light' and 'overlay' blend modes is they make 50% gray disappear. Brighter colors brighten, and darker colors darken.

Try that as an ingredient. (You'll still need to finesse and layer, but it may start you off)

---

Reflections on black can use the screen blend mode.

CGTalk Moderation
09-23-2009, 08:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.