PDA

View Full Version : (fusion) how to make a mask with a keyer but without much nodes?

mister3d
09-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Hi guys. Could you tell me please how to make a mask with a keyer but without much nodes? What I mean is that the output is a chroma image (sorry if i use the wrong term, I mean a B&W image). So do I have to duplicate the original image to use it for applying the keyer mask?Because:
-I apply the keyet to the original image
-I have the keyer output as a B&W mask
-is i use a color correction, I first need to apply it to the original image, and secondly I need the keyer mask
So I end up with needing to ducplicate the original image, but it seems a bit cumbersome. Or it's okay to work this way? :rolleyes:

noizFACTORY
09-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Hi Alexander,

I don't think you need to duplicate the original node. You can simply branch that out into whatever node you want it in as an input without having to duplicate it over and over again. I don't have fusion with me right now but as an illustration, please check the attachment for the point I'm trying to make.

I hope I haven't misunderstood your question and this helps you!

-Sachin

mister3d
09-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Hi Alexander,

I don't think you need to duplicate the original node. You can simply branch that out into whatever node you want it in as an input without having to duplicate it over and over again. I don't have fusion with me right now but as an illustration, please check the attachment for the point I'm trying to make.

I hope I haven't misunderstood your question and this helps you!

-Sachin

Hey Sachin, thanks a lot for the reply! :) It now looks so obvious and simple after your explanation, haha! :D Well I'm a complete beginner in compositing, thanks a lot, it works and I'm pretty happy.

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2009, 01:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.