PDA

View Full Version : walker

Andy741
08-10-2003, 01:31 AM
Has anyone tried the walker thing in M:A 4? How is it? Is it like Animation:Master's stride length thing?

Andy741
08-12-2003, 07:46 AM
Anyone try it yet? I'm interested to hear what it is.

VideoWorkshop
08-13-2003, 01:42 AM
It looks like we'll have to wait untill the next patch. I think "Walker" is on hold untill further notice.

Jonathan
08-26-2003, 09:26 PM
I have M:A 4.0 and walker is there I just haven't tried it yet. I'll post my findings when I give it a good working over. Right now I'm still bumping around with autorig

Chewey
08-27-2003, 12:08 AM
I've tried it out using the sample scene included in rev 9b. Parts of it still need to be implemented but the parts that do work seem to do a nice job.

kvernon
09-03-2003, 07:00 PM
what is the walker you all keep talking about?

Jonathan
09-03-2003, 11:33 PM
what is the walker you all keep talking about?

In Messiah:Animate 4 and I think in the latest Messiah:Studio revision, there is an autorig setup that allows you to use a feature called Walker that supposed create a walk cycle for your autorigged characters.

I've been trying to get it to work so far generally all I see are a bunch of numbers and I haven't cracked how to get it working yet. It's a feature that's still being developed from what I understand so it's not really a big deal.

There are no docs for the newer features yet. I must admitt that I was slightly disappointed by it but most of the stuff is pretty easy to figure out. Armatures were DOG easy to figure out but they are POWERFULLY handy.

kvernon
09-03-2003, 11:38 PM
Jonathan,

Thanks for shedding some light on that subject. I kept thinking of some starwars thing! :surprised LOL I'll have to look and see what all the talky is aboot! :)

Chewey
09-04-2003, 01:41 AM
You can always just load in the walker scene file that pmg provided and play with that until you understand the controls. It's not very complicated but you still are required to create a single cycle of a walk cycle to use the feature.

Jonathan
09-04-2003, 02:22 AM
Chewy, you've just confirmed that I'm losing my mind. Damn, It was not until I read this post that I realized there was a walker example scene.

Oh, well I guess old age is creeping up on me early.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.