ggg
08-10-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Sheep Factory
Does XSI come with poser nowadays? :D

jk yes and sometimes its even recommended as a way to model :surprised
http://www.xsibase.com/forum/index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=7094

Peter Reynolds
08-10-2003, 06:17 AM
The XSI base thread reminds me of something I saw on an Alias forum the other day along the lines of:

"Hey I need a fully mel scripted plugin so I can press a button to get my characters walking, running and jumping"

I guess with one click of a button they would then proudly proclaim:"Look at me ma, I'm an animator"

I think this mindset is partially due to terms like Computer Generated Images.

Can you imagine how they feel when they sit down at the computer and realise they have to work at it: "But I thought the computer did all the work?"

ggg
08-10-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Peter Reynolds

Can you imagine how they feel when they sit down at the computer and realise they have to work at it: "But I thought the computer did all the work?"
But it does they'd say, get>primitive>model>face-man

Actually I don't really see it in the gallery but knew one day a lot of student reels using XSI would have the primitive man that comes with XSI, or characters with geometry that looks just slightly derivative of it. Its like the stupid 2 legged Alien that so many had in the late 90s.

I guess its oK if they're applying as animators but we all know how many really good animators there are.

jason-slab
08-11-2003, 04:15 PM
hmmm doesn't seem to be online at the moment

zen
08-11-2003, 08:02 PM
That "Miso" again.....!?

Signal2Noise
08-11-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Sheep Factory
Does XSI come with poser nowadays? :D

jk

I wish it was the other way around. Cheaper to stay current that way!:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.