PDA

View Full Version : Which one to choose - please help!!!

Jacwing
05-15-2002, 08:24 AM
Hey people,
It's either SPARKLE GeForce4 Ti4400 or MSI G4 Ti4400-VTD, both have Video-in (one of the reasons I'm after them) and both fit my budget perfectly. All I know is that SPARKLE is $100 cheaper. I'd be using them for 3D Studio Max and Maya. Please help.:hmm:

abcgraphix
05-17-2002, 03:01 PM
It doesn't really matter because the chip will be the same.
Basically what will change are the features the boards have (vivo, dvi-to-vga connector, software...) Now, another thing that changes from board to board is their overclockability (some boards can be tweaked more than others), however you don't REALLY need to do that because they already have a good amount of power to be used. Anyway... I would suggest checking some reviews for the boards, their features and how good their consumer support is.
I think you should check newegg.com, they have pretty good prices and a good selection, I got my geforce4 ti4400 there (chaintech gt41 special edition).
Hope it helps and sorry for my english (not my first language)

:thumbsup:

UrbanFuturistic
05-17-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by abcgraphix
It doesn't really matter because the chip will be the same.Except, of course, for 2D display quality and the volume of the fan.
regards, Paulhttp://homepage.ntlworld.com/odubtaig/smilies/coffee.gif

ZrO-1
05-17-2002, 08:59 PM
MSI has a better reputation than Sparkle. I'd go with MSI.

3DMadness
05-17-2002, 10:38 PM
I think the best would put both side to side working in a computer to see if there's any difference.
For me US$100 is a big difference to consider... :rolleyes:
Also, if you Video-in is important for you, check de video chip encoding from both, if I'm not wrong MSI uses a good chip from Philips.
Cheers!

3D Madness

Jacwing
05-24-2002, 04:42 AM
:buttrock: Thanx for all your replies. Well, after few sleepless nights and countless cups of coffee I made my decision and I finally bought the Sparkle G4 Ti4400. Only had it for three days and I tell ya it absolutely rips through the most complex scenes in Maya and Max without a slightest hick-up. Haven't had any problems with it so far. All of the specs are identical to MSI card and that includes video encoding chip. I should also mention that the Customer Support is excellent too. There aren't any fancy games in the box but what you do get is a full version of CyberLink PowerDirector 2.0 which is fantastic for video editing.

abcgraphix: Nothing wrong with your english man :thumbsup:

odubtaig: How do I check quality and the volume of the fan?

3DMadness: That extra $100 that I saved I'm planning to put to a good use and get a new monitor, mine is pretty crappy.

3DMadness
05-24-2002, 01:45 PM
I'm glad you saved some money! :D Believe me, here in Brazil US$100 means lots of money.... :rolleyes:
To check the volume of the fan, just answer one question: can you hear the fan from your video card? If it's no, it's not loud, if it's yes it's loud! :D Also, I just read a review from www.tomshardware.com that include a MSI GeForce4 Ti4400 and they say it have the loudest fan! And also not a really good image quality...
Hey, have you think about getting a second monitor instead of a new one? :)
Cheers!

3D Madness

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.