PDA

View Full Version : Wire parameter ultra-noob problem :(

Pinet
09-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Hi!

I would like to link a morpher spinner to control an opacity spinner of a composite material.

I’m pretty close to figure it out but my noobness catches me up :(

I tried using the wireparameters function, only problem is the “opacity” spinner isnt available when i browse the composite material in wparameter dialog..
Idk why.
Its not on the dopesheet/curve editor either.

So i wired the “morpher A" spinner to the “output level" spinner of the associated map in the composite material (changing "output level" value as the same result as changing opacity).
It works, but the relation is 100 = 100. Output value with a greater value than 1 = pure white wich is bad!
I need the “output leve"l spinner to be 1 maximum when morpher spinner value is 100 or higher.
Thing is i don’t know how to write that in the expression box of the wire parameter dialog.
( 0=0,100=1,100>=1 ) i doubt that syntax works! Still i hope you get the idea..!

I’ve searched “spinner value expression wire parameter relation” and such but i don’t find anything related.

Any help with this is would be greatly welcome!

Zbuffer
09-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi,
You may need to assign a float controler to the opacity in Track View in order to see it in wire parameters.
not tested.

Karnageddon
09-19-2009, 09:49 PM
An easy fix to this would be by changing the relationship from 100=100 to 100=100/100.
In your case, I believe the output box should say something along the lines of... "morpher A /100" or vice versa.
Your maximum value should now be 1.

Pinet
09-20-2009, 06:03 AM
dang.. thanx for your suggestion but in the end ill stick with reaction manager.
I realised im not made for scripting! Sorry for making you work for nothing.
Still ill try remember that synthax for other stuff.

Btw I figured the opacity can be selected if the opacity parameter is animated.
So even then i wouldnt need the expression you wrote since opacity as a 100 range.

CGTalk Moderation
09-20-2009, 06:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.