PDA

View Full Version : my new site (WIP)

griffin44
08-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Hey all. It's been a couple of years since I've done any serious FLASH (seeing as I'm more the illustration / animation type), and I've been puttering around avoiding putting up a new site so here it goes. There is a few revisions and bugs (some spelling mistakes to boot), so it's certainly not finished yet.

http://www.glenoomen.com/site3.html

Incidentally, the "Quality" publish setting is currently near 95%, so if it's slow let me know and I can tone it down a bit.

Lemme know what you think. Yeah yeah, I'll put more up in the portfolio section...including a new demo real - that's next on the agenda :p

kBg_Fiske
08-12-2003, 07:55 PM
Hey, your link didn't work for me. Are you sure that's the url?

griffin44
08-12-2003, 09:15 PM
The link is now:

http://www.glenoomen.com

Didn't have time to wait for replies, needed to get it up and active.

kariefury
08-17-2003, 03:49 AM
pretty nice. It loaded in about a second for me too. I do have a fast cable connection though.

snorthul
08-19-2003, 03:54 AM
I'm not too keen on the navigation. It took me a second or two to find it, and then I needed to tilt my head to do so.

I would have put a more traditional navigation system in place.

It is nice looking though.

coCoKNIght
08-20-2003, 02:51 PM
Argh, that "loading page" percentage has really nothing to do with how much of the flash file has been loaded yet, has it?
I've got a fast internet connection and don't like it when a page is delayed to make sure everyone can see the page without lag...

The page itself is very beautiful, I liked the "about medical illustration" section, how much you made with just text, good work!
I also like the navigation, not conusming much space and the back button where you would expect it to be.
The background image is fantastic, does the intro have to be? I don't see why web sites could need intros...

gimmix
08-20-2003, 02:57 PM
I have found a bug:
When you are at the point where you can decide intro yes|no and you press yes the button becomes invisible but there is still somethin that you can press ^^
the page itself is really cool

griffin44
08-20-2003, 03:14 PM
Hey thanks for replies.

I don't pretend to be a web-designer. That's why I posted here, for a bit of help. [I try to stick to what I think I'm good at: medical illustration. But I needed a snazzy site up quickly as I noticed I was getting lots of fairly relevent hits from search engines.]

Anyways, the loader: it should be indicative of how many bytes are loaded. I just did it with a 2 frame repeat until "bytes loaded" >= ~98% of "total bytes". That ought to work right?

As for the invisible button bug, thank you, I'll look into that that.

As for the intro movie, yeah it is kind of lame, but like I said I was in a hurry. When I think of something a little more spiffy, I'll put that up there in it's place. And I do agree, websites don't neccessarily need intro movies. Some food for thought.

thanks for responses and thanks for checking it out!

griffin44
08-20-2003, 03:17 PM
Oh yeah! the button does stay there! Easily fixed.

thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.