PDA

View Full Version : My First Conceptual Drawing

geoffb
08-09-2003, 05:16 PM
I was told to move to this forum, so here I am. I am just really starting out in Concept Art and I need some help to keep me going. I have always felt that if people would tell me how they really felt about my art, when I ask them to, that that is when I truely grow as an artist, so let me have it. I plane on having other threads soon too, as I plan on doing at least one drawing a day, hopefully at least. :) So here it is. Thanks a lot.

Geoff

Well here is the link to the previous thread at least.
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80537

cybernaut
08-09-2003, 09:37 PM
It looks like a great start to a cool concept. :)

It hard to make any solid comments at this stage as the drawing still looks like it's in the rough stage, but I'll try to give you something.

The basic look is pretty sound but I would recommend doing a tighter complete version of the design from different angles so that we can really see what it is your creating. Be careful when creating armor, it can be a very tricky thing to design properly. I am currently designing armor for a project and must consider how the armor intersects within itself making sure all the joints have enough room to move. This is soomething you might want to keep in mind when you working on the concept as some of your joints look like they might be limited by some of the armor pieces.

Looking forward to an update :thumbsup:

geoffb
08-09-2003, 10:52 PM
Thanks a lot for the reply. I am currently working on a new version of it so hopefully i can post it tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Geoff

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.