PDA

View Full Version : what editor/ compositor to use after batch render?

UGG
09-16-2009, 02:51 PM
I have batch rendered a camera shot from my final animation but wish to render more camera shots of the scene&then view & edit these & place in order to create a final film. is there a way of editing & puting final renders in order in the program maya ( i know that u can view them in fcheck) or do you have to use a seperate compositing/ editing program, I have used adobe premier in the past, but what editing programs are relavent to maya? any advice would be great ta :) (http://www.shakeforum.com/)

sundialsvc4
09-24-2009, 04:21 AM
I use Final Cut.

I just do.

Here is the general workflow... worth only "it works for me."

The CG app is first used to make "animatics." These are more than hand-drawn pics (good, because I can't draw...); they're stand-ins for the final shots. But I really don't know, at this point, what the final shots will be! So, I "crank out a whole lot of 'film' very quickly," then turn off the 3D program and "cut it all together," or try to. :curious: The "final cut" is actually made now. This tells me what slices of what shots will actually be used. Only those are subject to breakdown and pass-by-pass assembly into final footage. ("From shot 11.81 I need frames 104-267, 579-863...") The complete or partly-complete shots replace the animatics, one by one.
You just need a good, workable, video editing program that will do what you need it to do and that you've really taken the time to properly learn how to use.

CGTalk Moderation
09-24-2009, 04:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.