PDA

View Full Version : Example of 3D Animation needed: BTEC Maya and litghtwave 3D

D-duffman
09-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi everyone,

I recently enrolled in a BTEC course for animation. So one of the things for my first assignments is to find some examples of 3D animation . Which is easy enough. What i'm wondering is should i just say take a screen shot of, say a animated movie, then a computer game, or Should i show the process of how they've been built up. Should i give an explanation of the examples.

As the criteria for the course goes:

Pass 1 - Explain the potential of digital media in contemporary pratic.

Merit 1 - Show an in-depth understanding of the potential of digital media in contemporary pratice and use finding to prepare a variety of suitable materials for digital outcomes.

Distinction 1 - Effectively use in-depth understanding of the potential of digital media in comtemporary pratice to inform imaginative preparation of digital outcomes.

So i'm just wondering will screen shots just suffice or do you think i need to explain them more? As we were told to take screen shots of 3D animation work.

Thanks for any information.

Bye

moidphotos
09-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Maybe you should ask the lecturer who set the task what he wants? Unless he's on this forum you may not get the answer you need. Also think creatively - if doing the task (taking some screenshots) gets you a pass, the lecturer is probably hoping some students will put more effort in and be more creative in their response to the task.

CGTalk Moderation
09-16-2009, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.