PDA

View Full Version : Scaling Whole Model = All Subtools at Once

kelasa
09-15-2009, 06:32 PM
I've created a character for a videogame. The character was made at a super small size. Not just lo-poly but small on the Maya workspace to where I had to zoom the camera way in to even see my character.

I imported about 16 subtools worth of geometry and textured it using ZBrush. A problem I've encountered, is my normal mapping software is saying the hi-rez geometry ( ZBrush ) is really too small in diameter in order for it to be able to generate a decent normal map.

I know how to scale geometry in ZBrush. Is there a way though to be able to scale all my subtools at once, so as to keep them proportioned without too much fuss?

musashidan
09-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Why not scale all the obj's to real-world scale in Maya?

kelasa
09-15-2009, 10:09 PM
I know it.

Do you know if all the textures I've created will transfer to new larger .obj imports?

willp
09-16-2009, 03:14 PM
can't you scale them each individualy and numericaly under the deformation tab

kelasa
09-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Whoa yeah! Thank you so much.

kelasa
09-16-2009, 04:26 PM
I am scaling up my subtools via the Deformation "Size" setting. Many grow at the same proportion to one another, making this an easy process.

One of my subtools scales to a different proportion. I need to adjust to correct it's placement and size.

What I am encountering whilst scaling-up is that when attemping to use the Move Tool, it destorts the geometry. Instead of moving the entire subtool, it is only moving a portion of the geometry.

Why is the move tool only grasping a small portion of the subtool's geometry when I try moving the entire peice? ( Masking is turned off.)

CGTalk Moderation
09-16-2009, 04:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.