PDA

View Full Version : new site...need some help

Scott Harris
08-08-2003, 11:24 PM
I built this site a few months ago as a first time user just to get tthe feel for flash... i have a few questions about it if you could help me please.

first: in the 3D section...
as your mouse rolls over the images the image slides down a little... how do I make it so when your mouse rolls off the image, the action continues untill compleation without getting cut off befor it is finished?

second: the window...
How do i set the size of the window and make it non-scaleable?

third...
this is my first site in flash... any advice or crits? I know I have alot of updateing to do...please bare with it.

www.meta-phor.com/scottharris
thanks guys :thumbsup:

Scott Harris
08-11-2003, 07:02 PM
damn... no advice?

og_reborn
08-11-2003, 07:57 PM
well I like the design so far...

but the front page is confusing...I only found the gallery by accident 'cause none of the bottons are there.

as far as the moving pictures go...

I think if you make the animation of the image a movie clip inside of the over state for your button, it should play itself all the way through.

I am sorry I haven't used flash in forever....

or you might try making your button invisible and a seperate object from the movie clip. When the botton is rolled over, it tells the movie clip (your image) to play. I think that's how I did it.

The script goes something like normal, except put the name of the movie clip first, so

movie.gotoAndplay...

I apologize for such a hazy response. I just haven't used flash in a long time. hope that helps.

p.s.
to make an invisible button, just have nothing in any of the states except HIT, whatever you paint (a rectacgle, for instance) in the HIT state is what your invisible button will be.:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.