PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina - Senior project!

Siliannaia
09-14-2009, 11:16 PM
This is my post. Right here.

MrPositive
09-16-2009, 07:18 PM
So. I'm 18, female, and I live in North Carolina. I'm a senior in Highschool, and I thought I would do an extension of what I want to do for a living: Character Modeling. Now, part of the criteria for this project is to have a 'mentor', or someone who works in the industry, to talk to. So I thought I would see what I can find. The project is a requirment for graduation, and would entail you looking at what I'm doing and saying "This is good, this is bad, and change this," as well as providing some advice, and possibly an interveiw. Not too hard, or anything, but I really need a name and signiture. I've tried contacting several people already in local(ish) buisnesses to no sucess. Please help!

If anyone is wondering, I live in Greensboro, but for the project I can travel to wherever I need to, as long as it's semi-sorta-a little bit localish. And crap, if nothing else, I can pick up a decent web cam if you don't live local.

Anyone interested? I'll provide candy. And hugs.

I know you are looking for something possibly more substantial and in person, but I'd certainly recommend posting in the WIP section of cgtalk. It's pretty amazing the quality of talent of the lurkers and helpers in there. I've had Sony Dreamworks, Pixar individuals and even Duncan Brinsmead give advice on my own projects in there. Just another option...

Siliannaia
09-16-2009, 09:53 PM
:/ That'd be great, if it was just me. But for hte project you really do actually have to talk to an individual.... Yeh. >.<

CGTalk Moderation
09-16-2009, 09:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.