PDA

View Full Version : motion designer applied to moving character

m.d.
08-08-2003, 10:10 PM
i brought in a character that i applied mocap data from motionbuilder. everything works fine.

then i put the timeline to -50 and position my character in a t- pose because i moddeled the shirt and pants that way.
i then parented the shirt and blouse in place to the body.
when my character steps back far enough, he walks right out of the clothes, everything goes not bad for about 30 frames, the clothes fall in place ect, up to a certain point when he steps back quikily?:shrug:
also i tried parenting the shirt to a bone like the neck, but when it rotates it screws everything up. is the re a way to parent only in translation?
thanks

grafikdon
08-09-2003, 09:49 AM
Are you sure you applied motion designer properly to the model? If yes try the calculation again and make sure you do not create addditional key frames thereafter as this will not be affected by md. You can also try increasing the body's skin thickness to 0.015 or more.
Hope this makes any sense.

m.d.
08-09-2003, 04:36 PM
ya i think i had keyframe at the end of the animation,skin thickness helped a bit, my character will still come out of his clothes when he moves too fast.

Mike Pauza
08-09-2003, 06:09 PM
If MD works when he's moving slowly, then most likely you don't have your "calculation resolution" set quite high enough. I reccomend you run the cloth simulation again after you add a zero or two to it's present value.

-Mike Pauza

m.d.
08-09-2003, 09:46 PM
thanks mike i'll try that.
is there a way to deform my characters shirt and pants with the characters bones, then apply MD on top of that motion?

telamon
08-11-2003, 10:18 AM
apparently, it is possible...
http://www.pazur.3d.pl/REF_Tech_Cloth_eng.htm

I picked up this link in your other topic about calcuation resolution.

good luck :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.