PDA

View Full Version : 2d overlapping shadows

Sharky0815
09-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi,

I am faced with the following situation: A 2d rectangle with light emitting from each of the four corners. Each light covers a 90 degree angle and has no falloff so the rectangle is completely covered. Now I need to place an object (circle) inside this field and show the effects of the overlapping light/shadows. Think of volumetrics or light fog in an 3d application. See the attached diagram (where only one light source is throwing a shadow) to hopefully explain things, if something is unclear I will explain further. My question is how to achieve something like this in after effects.

Thanks!

http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=146336&stc=1

mart1jn
09-16-2009, 01:43 PM
I hope this helps. I thought it was easier to explain in a picture than in words :)

You can sharpen the shadows a bit by increasing the shadow map size (Composition settings -> Advanced -> Options) But i couldn't get them completely sharp.

Cheers
Martijn

Sharky0815
09-16-2009, 03:16 PM
I am sure this will work! Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
09-16-2009, 03:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.