PDA

View Full Version : Hair and fur & Z-depth

davidjonas
09-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi people!!

I have a model that uses hair and fur, I am using final toon (with final render) to create a cartoony look to the render.

What I am doing now is rendering the scene, passing the finaltoon on it and finally applying the fur on top of it all.

The problem is I am rendering a z-depth element to add a depth of field on post production in after effects but this element doesn't include the hair witch makes it allways out of focus on the edges.

Is there any trick to make this work? maybe a way to include the hair on the z-depth element or any work around.

thanks in advance!!

Cheers!!

LordSaddler
09-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Try precomping the Z-Pass and overlaying a (monochromatic) solid with the alpha of the fur. You have to try to mach the solids luminance/depth with that of your of object.

If the object itself has a lot of depth, than this won´t work and you will have to get the real z information for the hair as well and precomp that over your other z-channel.

CGTalk Moderation
09-14-2009, 10:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.