PDA

View Full Version : Free Video Shows VFX Career Secret

Stranahan
09-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Want a BIG secret about getting your resume to stand out? Want people to call you for work? Want to earn great money and have career security?

My name is Lee Stranahan and I've been teaching computer animation for over 15 years.I made this free, 20 minute video (http://dreamcareer.info/archives/26) on the one of the strategies that has worked for me and most of the my friends who work in the entertainment industry. Put some of this stuff into practice and it will work for you, too.

JesseDavis
10-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Why do you have to come off sounding like a late night infomercial narrator?

Being the best in the world at something is your secret to success? Who hadn't thought of that? Yea I'm sure someone checking resumes would go check the website claiming to be the best spaceship modeler in the world, but how many people can actually deliver on this? Now you remember them for being an arrogant liar.

Obviously if you're really good in a niche area you will gain reputation for working in that area. Generally niche areas are niche because they are undesirable. So yea go all out to be a niche artist or what not, but I sure hope you enjoy it otherwise why bother.

I'm not going on any further because this video is naive and lacking substantial experience or education. Fortunately for everyone living in the real world, you don't have to be the best in the world to actually get a job in the FX industry.

Paul McLaughlin
10-10-2009, 01:02 AM
I read the entire first post in the Billy Mays voice... it was awesome.

ShogunWarrior
10-11-2009, 03:13 AM
Hahahaaha, there is no secret to success, lol..if you aint got talent you better work at Mcdonalds thats all i can say.....If the industry doesn't like your work or your to old to even figure out what great imagination you have left they won't even look at your resume bud...

andjar
10-11-2009, 07:32 AM
be the best mustang modeller in the world
LOL
His philosophy is really educational,however this guy lives in the past.
These days ,the best bet is to be a good generalist with very good/expert skills in some areas.

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2009, 07:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.