PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hatala - Animation Streaming Lecture Sept. 19

chris-hatala
09-13-2009, 03:40 AM
Hello!

My name is Chris Hatala, and I am Animation Director and Co-Founder of a studio called Massive Black, Inc. I'm not really sure where to put this thread, but I wanted to pass on to anyone interested that I am going to be giving a live, streaming lecture this coming Saturday, 19 September, 10am-1pm PST.

Details:
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=168583

I'll be talking about some of my animation shots from the films Lord of the Rings, and King Kong. And will be covering things like gestures and posing, animation, work flow processes, and overall creative problem solving.

If this thread is in the wrong place, or not allowed, my apologies. I hoped "Online Courses" was an appropriate place.

Thanks and I hope to see you there.

jayweb1
09-16-2009, 01:40 AM
Chris,

It's great to see you're finally doing a lecture as I was looking forward to this since I met you briefly in Dallas during the Massive Black workshop. You gave me some great advise that I took to heart and went forward full speed in my studies with Animation. Hopefully I am able to register and attend, if not good luck and I hope to see more lectures from you in the future!

Thanks!

chris-hatala
09-16-2009, 02:01 AM
jayweb1: wow, that's really awesome to hear! i'm a firm believer that you can do anything you set your mind to (and work hard at!). we'll see how this one goes, if there's interest i would definitely do more. i'll still be attending and lecturing at future MB/CA workshops, so if you see me, please come say hi.

chris-hatala
09-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Big thanks to everyone who attended! The feedback has been great so far; I'm stoked the information was helpful! I'm also always open to criticism, so If there's anything you think should be included for future lectures, I'm all ears. The 'on demand' version will be available to view (and purchase) for 30 days, so if the original stream wasn't clear in some spots, be sure and check it out.

Thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
09-21-2009, 10:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.