PDA

View Full Version : Zspheres II difficulties

happy-gibbon
09-12-2009, 01:02 AM
Hey, I'm sure everyone is excited about 3.5, and I am loving it so far, but having some difficulties with the new zspheres. I went through the tutorials on the zbrush site, but they don't cover the final skinning in depth. The issue I'm having is that after laying down a zsphere base that I'm happy with, I'll then try to make an adaptive skin out of it. If I use a low density, it will just pull the low rez mesh into strange positions based of of the sketched fspheres I'd laid down. I I create a mesh at high density, I loose the ability to go to lower sub divisions to make corrections. Unified skins seem to keep the sketched zsphere form much better, but the topology is horrible. Anyone else having these issues?

RKanyama
09-12-2009, 01:53 AM
Hey, I'm sure everyone is excited about 3.5, and I am loving it so far, but having some difficulties with the new zspheres. I went through the tutorials on the zbrush site, but they don't cover the final skinning in depth. The issue I'm having is that after laying down a zsphere base that I'm happy with, I'll then try to make an adaptive skin out of it. If I use a low density, it will just pull the low rez mesh into strange positions based of of the sketched fspheres I'd laid down. I I create a mesh at high density, I loose the ability to go to lower sub divisions to make corrections. Unified skins seem to keep the sketched zsphere form much better, but the topology is horrible. Anyone else having these issues?

Actually they do. You need to scroll over to the next set of videos. Look for the forward and back arrows. I almost missed them the first time as well. I thought there were only three tutorals, but there are a LOT more. Hope that helps...

CGTalk Moderation
09-12-2009, 01:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.