PDA

View Full Version : bossing around! (11 sec club sept 2009 WIP)

dapOOn
09-10-2009, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM5ttQOzwbA

hi guys this is something i've been trying to block for the 11 second club september entry. i'm a li'l lost here and there... esp in the gap between 'missy' and 'WHO DO U THINK...', the acting comes to a stop. cud u suggest me a li'l something?

i hope the gag is clear enough! i'm planning to have his huge photograph in the frame hanging on the wall to make things obvious!

dbalmert
09-11-2009, 09:14 AM
You need to decide what the character is thinking.

She's enamored with the idea of power, so maybe have her pick up the "BOSS" plaque and violently shake it at the imaginary offender? That way, she can softly put it back when the boss sees her.

In general, a person in that situation would want to get more "in your face" with someone instead of backing off (body language wise, that's what she's doing) when she say's "WHO DO U THINK..." so either have her come forward, or use the plaque-shaking suggestion, or SOMETHING to show her not backing away.

I mean, the gag is pretty predictable, so I'm not sure how much "originality" votes you're going to get. It also could be construed as slightly sexist. It's an okay gag, but at least it's clear.

Maybe at the end, instead of your current gag, have her actually BE the boss, but the person across the desk is a scared Avon Lady. (Boss woman is offended at the idea of Avon lady suggesting makeup)

Or maybe she's chewing out a girl-scout or something.

Or maybe have her talking to a limp Hello Kitty doll in the other seat.

These are just my opinions, so take it with a grain of salt.

dapOOn
09-16-2009, 06:29 AM
hey there dbalmert,

thanks for the great suggestions!! well i know the gag is not exactly a LMAO one, but then unfortunately, it's a li'l too late to change it now... cuz i've already started animating it! but next time, i sure will give my gags a second thought!

i really liked ur suggestion of making her go IN-YOUR-FACE just to show she REALLY didnt mean to imitate him. infact i changed my acting a bit to that part. thanks a lot for bringing it to my notice! :)

i'm not really sure if the "shaking-the-plaque-violently" will work. i dunno, just mite across as forced!

well i'll be posting the finished version soon! thanks once again dbalmert!

CGTalk Moderation
09-16-2009, 06:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.