PDA

View Full Version : Characture

Dan Dixon
01-15-2002, 04:01 AM
just finishing some older model up for stills , for my web page so here another. Please let me know what you think of the background and the colour feeling. I'm still pretty weak in my finishing the picture for stills.http://www3.telus.net/DannyDixon/no_legger.jpg

Weiderman
01-15-2002, 04:27 PM
Heya Dan - she's coming along very well. Good mood created by your color choices and texturing. The only thing that popped out at me, and I think it's been mentioned earlier, is that the hose along the bottom of the character. Something doesn't look quite right with it - can't put my finger on it but it really seems to stand out because the rest of the image is so great. Maybe by bringing down the spec highlights along the edges or by dirtying them up with a fractal? Just a suggestion - it looks fantastic otherwise. Good luck, God's speed!

Jimmy
01-15-2002, 05:07 PM
Yes Danny.....professor bosh is correct the hose with the sampler info on it looks flat. also the other hose (Nurbs?) in his hand looks like it has some parameterization issues. IE...close together bands and wider bands.....or is that intentional?

I have also noticed that there isn't much spec on anything. (most likely due to you GI rendering) It would be nice to see a little spec on some of the metal. it looks too smooth for something that weathered. IE...the IV bottle has the same spec highlight as the metal rack supporting it. Obviously two very different surfaces.

I am just getting picky. it is still very good.

-J

Dan Dixon
01-15-2002, 08:16 PM
Weiderman your right and every person whose seen this characture has said the same thing. I it was the first part I texture and for some dumb reason it just stuck.
Jimmy j good to here ah it not an sampler info so there, no but but I should and will change it and for the parameterization issues I try everything it would fix.

THERES NO NEED FOR SPEC

Jimmy
01-15-2002, 08:34 PM
well then it's the "velvet shader"...right? If it is...it uses the same principals as the SI.

If I am wrong agian.....what is it?

as for the spec...it was just an idea. its just that the metal bar supporting the IV looks very smooth.

-Jerk Jackson

Dan Dixon
01-15-2002, 08:44 PM
just playing it a layer shader effect using transparency, driven by ramps and a few other things, but for spec it only me who likes less spec.

BEER SOON

Jimmy
01-15-2002, 09:02 PM
Beee.......ear!

-J

Weiderman
01-15-2002, 11:31 PM
Count me in for the beer - I may have reason to celebrate soon. Not that I ever need much of a reason to celebrate.

pascal_blanche
01-16-2002, 01:03 AM
background and mood are fine!! the fallof on the tube belowis maybe too strong... or the effect on it didnt aim your target, for now it attracts the sight too much..... good work Dan :)

Dan Dixon
01-16-2002, 01:36 AM
thanks for the critique Pascal I valid your opinion due to that your work is an strong influence. I'm still week on my 2d skills.

Jean Eric
01-16-2002, 01:45 AM
Very nice work Dan...

God, judging all these entries will be hard. I don't want to be part of the Jury!!! :-)

We are looking for a few big guns for the Jury. Leonard and I are working to make this challenge more official and organized but we want to keep it informal still. We don't want this to be only for the Elite.

JE

CraqueSmeaukre
01-16-2002, 04:01 AM
Man how you got a picture of my cuz jimmy... Man he smoke more
crack than I do.. S**t.. You Brilliant, man... Thats some badass stuff...

lildragon
01-16-2002, 10:16 AM
awesome work Dan, the mood the atmosphere everything is awesome, I especially like the unique character design and the colors of the textures used and the textures itself Amazing work, but like I said in the other thread, the tube at the bottom just doesn't belong bud.

Other than that awesome work...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.