PDA

View Full Version : Collage & Software question?

NMCDerek
09-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for so many questions in a lot of different thread's but I'm at the point where I need to ask this one.

Ok, I liked Zbrush a lot, and I want to get Zbrush education version from www.journeyed.com for $499, but I don't have that kind of money.

Right now I pay rent, water, heat, and so on, And I'm paying for everything in college I,E books, tution, supplies, with help from the Pell grant people, And as soon as I get my money, it's gone and I may have $15-$20 left over which I need for the public buses, So I can get to class.

Anyways my question,

I want to know if there is a website I can go to and apply for a grant I don't have to pay back, and get the money with in 3-6 months after applying for it?

DanielWray
09-09-2009, 12:02 PM
In england we can get grants/ loans, the former is alot harder to get, but i do think that covers course costs. (Contact your educational funding office and ask if there is anything available)

However, do you want to learn the applications tools/ workflow, or just how to sculpt?

There is a sculpting tool in the free software, blender, which has some rather nice sculpting tools (Add/ sub, smooth, pinch, inflate, layer, clay, texture brushes, anchored brushes etc) which may tied you over until you can get the money together for Zbrush.

I'm not sure how much sculpting experience you have, but i think if you went from blender's sculpting tools to Zbrush's you'd save yourself some time.

CGTalk Moderation
09-09-2009, 12:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.