PDA

View Full Version : I want to learn to draw Manga Characters?

NMCDerek
09-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Ok, in about 2-3 weeks in my vis-com class we're going to be drawing cartoons, and I don't want my cartoon to look like the south park characters, basic drawing of circles, boxes, and basic coloring, Yuck.

Anyways I can model ok in 3d studio max but we will be making the cartoons in Adobe illustrator cs3, and I want my character to have a cowboy bebop look, I love that style of drawing, but I don't like the style of drawing like in the show/cartoon called bleech,

Ok in the show bleech, They almost had me as a deadicated watcher of the show, However I hate it what they've done with the eyes when something is about to happen. And it ruins what could be a sweet show, I do like the deathnote type of drawing too, since they leave the goofy eye expression out of the show!

Anyways Can some one give me a link where I can learn to draw characters? I don't mean a stupid character sheet that shows step 1 to step 2 then to the finish step, It's like what? how did they get there you know?

nibf
10-25-2009, 04:25 AM
go to onemanga.com or mangafox.com and look up deathnote/cowboy bewhat cha ma call it

then right click on the picture and got to paint look for the picture u got and break the image down with similar shapes by a light color such as neon green... then try to copy the image with the broken down "highlight" after doing it a few times try to go back to the original picture and copy it without using the help guide lines... if u still don't see any more improvements then keep practicing or go to deviant art and look up tutorials for it (this is the last step u want to do because it's not likely that u find a style that looks just like what u have in mind)

CGTalk Moderation
10-25-2009, 04:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.