PDA

View Full Version : Autocad Forum

Xilica
08-07-2003, 09:47 PM
are we going to get an autocad forum at cgtalk ever?

thanks in advance.. :beer:

Xilica
08-12-2003, 12:56 PM
hehe, is this not cg enough? :)

Xilica
12-05-2003, 10:27 PM
why was this question never answered, has it been answered before?? if it has can you direct me to the link please?

Dave Black
12-06-2003, 12:18 AM
While I cannot speak for the owners nor the administrators of this site, I can say that while Autocad is a very common program in many fields of design(I myself have some sort of degree in it), it is not really generally considered an "art package". Of course, many proffesional artists would differ with that statement, but it is the general idea. In my limited experience regarding the matter of creating new forums on cgtalk, I must say that the surest way to get a new software-specific forum is to show that there is significant interest in the application to warrent a new forum's creation.

I surely hope that this answers your question a bit. Leigh(CGTalk Admin) would be a much better person to specifically either confirm or deny my conjecture.

-3DZ

:D

Xilica
12-06-2003, 04:51 PM
well, i cannot even find an autocad forum out there almost

Mazer
12-06-2003, 05:19 PM
Autocad is CAD package, not a DCC package, sure many poeple use-it with 3dsmax/viz to render but it's a totaly diferent area.
Catia, Solidworks, Archicad etc.. are closest to it than any 3d package.
The only place I can think of as might having some info about Cg and Autocad is www.cgarchitect.com . For the rest look for specific architecture directed forums.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.