PDA

View Full Version : when i import .obj file to zbrush and divide it , it looks like this image....

eathquaketry
09-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi,
Once i divide the .obj , it does like the attahced image and this happens with all the .obj filel i import and i am sure that the geometry is well closed and doesn't have any problems so what happens what makes this happens ?????? and how to fix.......

other question if some geomtry lost its symmetry so i cant sclupt in the both two sides how to fix this and adjust the symmetry.

thanx in advance.....

krassnoludek
09-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi!
That was the first thing I wanted to say: check your geometry - I can only say it for Max: weld all vertices with a low threshold; apply an STL modifier to check your mesh.....it really looks like something is wrong with the geometry...do you use some kind of a symmetry modifier and does it weld in the center(in your other 3d application of course)?
Are you really 100% sure the geometry is fine?

krassnoludek
09-24-2009, 09:26 PM
O, and of course you can use symmetry in ZBrush. I think in the menu it is Transform(ation?) -> Symmetry - X, Y, Z ... not sure it that answers your 2nd question...and yeah, my answer is a bit late...

BenDstraw
09-27-2009, 11:59 PM
could there be isolated vertices?

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2009, 11:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.