PDA

View Full Version : The Secret World - Second Digic's cinematics

Aritz
09-08-2009, 05:12 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/cg-demon-the-secret/55488?type=flv

Joss
09-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Pretty damn cool. The only thing that stood out was her expression as she pulled the trigger on the shotgun. Kinda looked like she was going to sleep (lazy eyes).

ivanisavich
09-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Digic's work is always incredible and this is no exception. The attention to detail is insane.

Venkman
09-08-2009, 05:59 PM
I especially liked the fuzz on her sweater. Looked particularly real when backlit. Wonderful work.

BColbourn
09-08-2009, 06:26 PM
=O such quality and detail!

PartiallyFrozen
09-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Dear Digic,

Your camera work is exquisite.

Love,
Mark

TAVO
09-08-2009, 11:57 PM
I especially liked the fuzz on her sweater. Looked particularly real when backlit. Wonderful work.

it looks so dam real that i get to the point to think it was live footage, you know, just the head was CG (like Benjamin Button). FX animation was really awesome too.

INFINITE
09-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Digic are a rare new bread! Superlative work.

They just get better and better! Congrats to the team.

JoshBowman
09-09-2009, 07:07 AM
it looks so dam real that i get to the point to think it was live footage, you know, just the head was CG (like Benjamin Button). FX animation was really awesome too.

I had the same thought to! It's sooo close, I'd say it's out of the valley and on the way to the green hills of photoreal (but still on the journey), I'd love to see this quality in a movie.

BTW as a trailer/teaser this worked really well, makes me want to play the game.

BrettSinclair
09-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Amazing work. Loved it. The 1st one was amazing too. Loved the critters in both of these. And the woman look fantastic too. Congrats.

vfx
09-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Agree the camera work here is amazing! Care to share how you guys approach this? Lovely work - the girl looked brilliant. You guys rock! Blur competition hehe

jigu
09-09-2009, 11:31 AM
so perfect!

Ballo
09-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Amazing! They are simple the best.

Congrats! and Thanks guys.

evolucian
09-09-2009, 06:24 PM
really looking forward to the game too

balistic
09-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Congrats, Digic!

visionmaster2
09-09-2009, 08:12 PM
beautifull work !

:buttrock:

Lunatique
09-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Ragnar is back! I've been a huge fan of his work ever since I fell in love with The Longest Journey. I think he's one of the most talented writer/directors in the game industry. I was a little bit disappointed by Dreamfall, but it's really hard to live up to the expectations of TLJ.

This new MMORPG actually is the first and only that's ever gotten me excited. I don't really play MMORPG's as find them tedious, but this just might change everything for me. I can't wait. The cinematics look beautiful--this particular one is one of the best I've seen in a long time.

The theme of dark magic and demons existing in the real world is also very dear to my heart, since I wrote/illustrated a comic book series about that very theme in the 90's, and I've been toying with the idea of continuing it in the recent years.

Aritz
09-10-2009, 09:46 AM
I am waiting to The Longest Jorney "Chapters" :). Dreamfall is not a bad game, but fails in gameplay, it is not a classic adventure game. This new game from Funcom remenbers me TLJ, and the character from the first cinematics look like Zoe :thumbsup:.

switchblade327
09-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Ragnar is back! I've been a huge fan of his work ever since I fell in love with The Longest Journey. I think he's one of the most talented writer/directors in the game industry. I was a little bit disappointed by Dreamfall, but it's really hard to live up to the expectations of TLJ.

This new MMORPG actually is the first and only that's ever gotten me excited. I don't really play MMORPG's as find them tedious, but this just might change everything for me. I can't wait. The cinematics look beautiful--this particular one is one of the best I've seen in a long time.

The theme of dark magic and demons existing in the real world is also very dear to my heart, since I wrote/illustrated a comic book series about that very theme in the 90's, and I've been toying with the idea of continuing it in the recent years.

Totally. I loved the concept before hand so this might be the first MMO I give a chance. And this trailer... wow. Looks great!

JoshBowman
09-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Yeah, just discovered it's an MMO, such a shame, oh well, great cinematic none the less.

Szabolcs
09-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks to everyone for the kind words, we're trying hard to live up to your expectations :)!
For the Secret World cinematics we got pretty solid storyboards and directions from Ragnar, so most of the framing and camera moves are his work. It was up to us to get the timing and the actual framing right with the 3d stuff, but it is a joint effort really.
But anyway, hope you like it and don't forget that "Dark days are coming"... ;)

Cheers,
Szabolcs

TAVO
09-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks to everyone for the kind words, we're trying hard to live up to your expectations :)!
For the Secret World cinematics we got pretty solid storyboards and directions from Ragnar, so most of the framing and camera moves are his work. It was up to us to get the timing and the actual framing right with the 3d stuff, but it is a joint effort really.
But anyway, hope you like it and don't forget that "Dark days are coming"... ;)

Cheers,
Szabolcs

thatīs nice. Any idea when you guys will get your website updated ?? canīt wait to see all your new stuff.

Szabolcs
09-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Any idea when you guys will get your website updated ??
Well, I was wondering about that for years really. Its hard getting approvals from the game companies and somehow we always get lost in the process and want to wait to get the "next big thing" online, and that makes us lag forever. I try to push things a bit, will see what happens.

canīt wait to see all your new stuff.
For the moment the missing things are: Secret World A and B, the Darksiders' stuff, Assassins Creed 2, Universe At War and Alpha Protocol and probably a Warhammer Battle March cinematic.

Cheers,
Szabolcs

CGTalk Moderation
09-13-2009, 03:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.