PDA

View Full Version : BBC: New Microsoft Mouse Scrolls Both Ways

RobertoOrtiz
08-07-2003, 08:29 PM
Quote:

"The humble computer mouse is about to move in a whole new direction. Microsoft is preparing new versions of its mouse that will be fitted with wheels that tilt as well as roll.

The innovation means that users will be able to scroll horizontally as well as vertically without using on-screen navigation bars."

>>Link<< (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3131453.stm)

-R

arctor
08-07-2003, 08:37 PM
those of us who use a 3 'button' mouse have been able to do this for a while now...
I use a Logitech 3 button mouse that they don't make any more...I have 5 that I got from a used parts store...should last me a year or two :)

gnarlycranium
08-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Why not just stick a mini joystick or tracker ball on the silly thing, at that rate?

Ibox
08-07-2003, 10:31 PM
sounds like somebody misses the microfiche eh... hehe

LucentDreams
08-08-2003, 12:02 AM
my mouse I"vew had four three years has fours buttons, two scrolls, and the one scroll serves as the middle mouse button, what the big whoop about microsoft finally catching on?

BiTMAP
08-10-2003, 08:49 PM
The funny thing is, my mouse from ligitech has it all already. It hads a scroll wheel that i programmed to press to allow me to scroll in all directions (i barely roll it, its to nosily and way to much work, i rather the mouse curser controled one) it has a button to scroll up and down, and a button to switch applications, as well as forward and backward buttons, iths the MX 500.

sorry M$

Gentle Fury
08-10-2003, 09:47 PM
ok, i dont think anyone is really getting the concept here......all mice with a middle mouse button can be used to nav in all directions, what they are saying is unique is that the scroll wheel will actually lean from side to side for horizontal scrolling......a pretty useless feature since yes, even a mouse without a scroll wheel can middle click nav...........but its an interesting idea nonetheless :)

lone
08-10-2003, 11:16 PM
ARCTOR - is that an old mouseman/cordless mouseman? mine died, i tried the MICROSOFT cordless POS, returned it, and found the exact same model i started with at a salvage place. hope it lasts for a while.

Stormy151
08-11-2003, 01:51 AM
I have a Logitech cordless optical mouse with two buttons and a scroll wheel. I love the thing, I can go all over the desk with it.

I too wonder about the decision to take the clicking out of the scroll wheel. I like it. The tilting wheel is a good idea though.

markbones
08-18-2003, 06:10 AM
If I have to scroll left & right as well as up and down to browse a document, I am closing that document.

Peter Reynolds
08-18-2003, 08:14 AM
bfd

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.