PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter Iii's :: Ibuki, Bengal (2D)

bengal
08-07-2003, 07:59 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/40329/ibuki_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/40329/ibuki.jpg)

i don't know SFIII very well, but i love ibuki's design... here she is.

izzylong
08-07-2003, 08:21 PM
Nice work! ( my new desktop:) )

Like the colors, form, and camera composition!

Nullzero
08-07-2003, 08:30 PM
I've really enjoyed your SF series. She must have very tough feet cause that pot has to be hot from cooking that ramen :)

KirkBjerk
08-07-2003, 10:14 PM
I love your lighting and coloring it really puts character in this piece great job!

davidSingha
08-07-2003, 10:17 PM
nice work.

cheers
:beer:

Neil
08-07-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Nullzero
I've really enjoyed your SF series. She must have very tough feet cause that pot has to be hot from cooking that ramen :)

and a good sense of balance :)

wedge
08-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Neil
and a good sense of balance :)

well... she IS a ninja

Error
08-07-2003, 10:34 PM
who are ya influences?
u really got style..

d4rk
08-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Very nice picture. The way she is sitin on the pot though looks sort of unstable, I can just imagine the pot flipping over. :D ouch!

I just got back from checkingout your website though, I like the way you use color man. It seems that few artists today understand color very well and know how to use it. You certainly do man!

Rye
08-07-2003, 11:18 PM
Bengal your color choices constatly impress and inspire me to go out and paint instead of my usual charcoal. I really like this SF series you have going. I don't know how many ladies are in the game these days, but hopefully they're atleast a few more for you to do. Maybe next you'll do KOF or Darkstalkers? :D

iBlue
08-07-2003, 11:36 PM
wow, your choice of colors are amazing, just beautiful. :)

xasteycracker
08-07-2003, 11:48 PM
damn that is great. i like the way you use color to make you art. great work.

erilaz
08-07-2003, 11:51 PM
I really liked the inky faded colour. A real tight style. Beautiful.:)

BeCOOL_MiN
08-07-2003, 11:55 PM
WoW Great!!! ST3

I Love IT!!

Feanoro
08-08-2003, 12:00 AM
Thats some stunning work!! :thumbsup:

Your use of colour is amazing!

Keep it up.

Cheers

stickyblue
08-08-2003, 12:06 AM
your stuff is amazing !!!! and i love your concepts , you draw such cool things !! congrats on this piece

note : please draw Jam from guilty gear X sometime !!

ninjacore
08-08-2003, 12:09 AM
bengal. you are a MACHINE!!!

did i hear someone say ninja.....

HapZungLam
08-08-2003, 12:26 AM
i am ibuki's fans too.:thumbsup:

Is-boset
08-08-2003, 12:37 AM
I love the colors, wich apps did you use?
And me too (fan of ibuki)

Russell Campos
08-08-2003, 01:02 AM
super stuff, like the other one, sakura's...
i cannot access your gallery on your website though...

keep posting
:applause:

Terminator
08-08-2003, 01:40 AM
Can you plzzzzzzzzz do Ryu next time i cant wait to see him in action :buttrock:

Kozlov
08-08-2003, 01:44 AM
Hi,
I like the lightning and of course tht whole scenr looks owsome....

Take care

Kamil:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :buttrock:

mehdianim
08-08-2003, 02:25 AM
Great lighting, very peaceful scene. I like that you represented her eating noodles...makes me hungry now :drool:

Blud_Stane
08-08-2003, 03:19 AM
how did you mix colors so well? color burning with layers or something.. i wanna learn this technique so bad you've inspired me.

ndat
08-08-2003, 03:39 AM
Very nice Indeed

I like her design as well, Ive just always wonderd why he pants have holes in the side. Is that something to do with being a ninja, or is it just for SF?

RavenX
08-08-2003, 04:47 AM
Wow, Bengal, you are indeed an awesome artist. You gave Ibuki quite a bit more of the character that Capcom should have. I like that. Think maybe you could pull a few strings for an admirer and do an Evil Ryu sketch?

RenaudBellefon
08-08-2003, 07:23 AM
encore un street Bengal...
Cool, la limière et la compo sont excellent..
J'adore ta pose aussi, super design Capcom, mais la tu transcends le perso ...:applause:

starqueen
08-08-2003, 07:49 AM
Bengal. :beer: me and you are going out for drinks okay, im buying :D

Id love to see Rock Howard or Terry Bogard in your scenes...

As always awesome work, keep them coming please :D

STRAT
08-08-2003, 08:27 AM
dont take this personal (which it definately isn't) but a completely fail to grasp why this type of post even gets stars :eek:

probably just my point of view i guess :hmm:

Kaz
08-08-2003, 08:38 AM
wow.. i love everything in your color gallery, i want all of them poster size... I could fill my room up with those.. you would make a killing selling prints on www.DaPrints.com .. i'd definatlly buy a few.

tomaya
08-08-2003, 08:43 AM
Superb!! I love it...
Mortel:beer:

tomaya
08-08-2003, 08:45 AM
Five for me!

Mr.Sanders
08-08-2003, 08:52 AM
Nice!
Surfed your site too, and you got some great skills bro'!

Edouard
08-08-2003, 09:30 AM
Another streetfighter character, I must collect them all.

Great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

kness
08-08-2003, 09:42 AM
:wise: wonderful. I love the colors of the shadow that's what impresses me most each time .

stickyblue
08-08-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Kaz
wow.. i love everything in your color gallery, i want all of them poster size... I could fill my room up with those.. you would make a killing selling prints on www.DaPrints.com .. i'd definatlly buy a few.

i DEFINETLY would fill up my room with all of your stuff too ! . did you ever think about making poster prints ?

ShinChanPu
08-08-2003, 11:08 AM
:buttrock: Your sensitivity to colour is awesome!!! Your drawing skill is really strong and you know how to compose your shots... You´ve got everything!!! One thing comes to my mind: Are you a well-known comic artist from 80´s and 90´s?

STRAT:dont take this personal (which it definately isn't) but a completely fail to grasp why this type of post even gets stars

I can´t belive this comment. What are requirements to get stars other than quality????

STRAT
08-08-2003, 11:10 AM
depends on your idea of quality. i dont find this particulaly amazing i'm sorry :(

ShinChanPu
08-08-2003, 11:29 AM
Of course you´re right. If your idea of quality is about Michellangelo, Da Vinci, Velazquez, Turner, Rembrandt, Monet... NO PICTURE on this board has enought quality for stars. But you should think relatively to the average here! And if you aren´t able to evaluate this very contrib beyond your personal taste (I mean its objetive values), you aren´t qualified to give stars. :shrug:

bengal
08-08-2003, 11:36 AM
strat>> don't apologize mister : i am a very beginner at art, and i have billions of things to learn still!! :) i just try to find my way, to improve... and i understand you think i don't deserve my stars : i'm amazed myself! ;) no problem, thx anyway! maybe you'll find quality behind a big amount of work on a piece... and i know the work i spend on my pieces is not viewable, which maybe makes people think i do easy pieces. i understand that, don't worry.

shin chan pu>> if you start talking about great historic masters, yes, i'll go take a rope and hang me up quick!! :D thanks mister!!
and no i'm not at all known yet... my first novel is about to be released in 8-10 months max ; this far, i've only done one novel (not released for publishers' problems...) and been designer in a video game studio. and i'm not that old : i'm 26!!!

all>> thanks a lot, really!!!!! i'm amazed by so many comments each time! :)
about the prints, i'll take a look at that ; but if i want to have a artbook printed someday after the novel's release, i have to keep the pieces away from any publication i think ;) so only a few would be printed whatever i decide.

STRAT
08-08-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Shin Chan Pu
Of course you´re right. If your idea of quality is about Michellangelo, Da Vinci, Velazquez, Turner, Rembrandt, Monet... NO PICTURE on this board has enought quality for stars. But you should think relatively to the average here! And if you aren´t able to evaluate this very contrib beyond your personal taste (I mean its objetive values), you aren´t qualified to give stars. :shrug:

my opinion is just as valid as yours and as right or wrong as yours and i'm equally qualified to crit it, relatively speaking as you put it. just because i'm not a fan like you and differ my opinion you cant understand it. a case of agree to disagree :)

besides, who are you to say that ppl's some work quality on this site DONT match up to the affore mentioned masters?

bengal - this is a nice peice of art dont get me wrong, it be very nice infact, but i too, like you, am amazed about the scoring system in this place.

i see excellent works here with next to no comments made, then i see (present company accepted) what i consider to be trash and it gets a shed load of fan-boy responses. kinda prooves my point.

Art is a personal thing which, imo, shouldn't and cant really be crited in the first place really.

bengal
08-08-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by STRAT then i see what i consider to be trash
if you say that for me you're becoming a little rude i'd say... i understand, you dislike, that's ok. but please no lessons until you show what you do know yourself... because i do lineart instead of digital paintings of 'dragon vs maids' doesn't mean i have no skills. maybe you just cannot see. i know there are lots of fanboy praising me, but not only. which makes me keep being confident in my work.

STRAT
08-08-2003, 12:01 PM
i did say present company accepted, you miss quoted me :)

bengal
08-08-2003, 12:05 PM
aw sorry, i apologize, i'm not english ; what does 'present company accepted' mean in your previous tense??

ShinChanPu
08-08-2003, 12:05 PM
STRAT:my opinion is just as valid as yours and as right or wrong as yours and i'm equally qualified to crit it, relatively speaking as you put it. just because i'm not a fan like you and differ my opinion you cant understand it. a case of agree to disagree
I´m not fan of Bengal or anyone on this board, believe me. I just enjoy good pieces from anyone. You might be right about being equally qualified, you, me, everyone... but what a coincidence that the EXPOSÉ jury has decided give him THE EXCELLENCE AWARD for another of his illustrations!!! Do you think the jury (all of them absolutely qualified by their experience and work) are fan of Bengal???

STRAT
08-08-2003, 12:06 PM
it means i wasn't including you in my 'trash' comments.

bengal
08-08-2003, 12:10 PM
ok thanks, forget about my upset then ;)

kness
08-08-2003, 12:11 PM
Strat > i think everybody understood your point of view, I sometimes feel the same, but i don't make a whole discussion of it juste because it's a matter of taste and that kind of discussion never comes to an end.

BTW, bengal's work is not that crap and deserves the little stars as well as anyone else who would have worked this hard on a pic and achieve this level in color. You may disagree on the level but that's it, bengal's level in coloring a pic is something objective. Even though he's not as good as a Terada Guy or a Craig mullins...yet.

That's just my little point of view, a very humble one. ;)

Oktavian
08-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Very cool, looks like Moebius. :thumbsup:

baby
08-08-2003, 12:22 PM
:applause: :applause:

Glowfinger
08-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Pure Class

ZVAN
08-08-2003, 12:52 PM
great.. i love this kinda of painting n color mood:beer:

ufo
08-08-2003, 03:32 PM
I love street fighter , I love your work .
Very clear colour , very good !!!

Sniv
08-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Great Works Bengal like habit :cool: . I ve already seen "Sakura", this great too, you're a killer :beer:

tomaya
08-08-2003, 09:51 PM
Tu dis etre debutant,très bien! L'important est de rester
un eternenel débutant!... ....toujours!
Sorry guys for the french...
Great work really really:beer: :beer: :beer:

Kel Solaar
08-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Nice work, your color scheme is impressive and very beautifull!

]_onewolf
08-09-2003, 07:56 AM
hey bengal, just wondering where you studied
:beer:

Goro
08-09-2003, 08:19 AM
nice work as usual!
I really like your style!! Do you want to draw
all of the street fighter characters?

looking forward to your next work

bengal
08-09-2003, 09:34 AM
goro>> all the characters would take me a year!!! :) i just have a few to do, and back to my own stuff!!

lonewolf>> well, er... i didn't go to any art school or alike, my studies were biology first, and japanese then. and i finally became designer anyway. strange, heh? :)

oktavian>> wow that's a compliment, thanks!!!

all>> thx a lot!!!

Lokigrey
08-09-2003, 04:10 PM
just wanted to say that i really like your work. Very cool colouring technique !! :drool:

BinarySoup
08-09-2003, 07:52 PM
well, seeing that capcom artist Bengus is one of my personal favourites, and your style reminds me of him, all I can say is GREAT WORK! Bengus has changed style continously over the years, the art for SFIII is the last I've seen from him (I have the SFIII Gamest Mook book, full of Bengus art), but the best he has done in my eyes is his work on Warzard.

I'm going to check out your other stuff now, can believe I missed it!

John_Shaft
08-09-2003, 09:17 PM
I really like this picture a lot. Very nice style. Just that did anyone else notice there is no way she could sit on the pot on the edge and not fall over? It defies physics but definitely is an amazing work.

eLm0
08-10-2003, 02:49 PM
new desktop as per usual no critics nothing wrong
ABOUT as near perfect as it comes
LOVE IT:buttrock:

spoony_bard
08-14-2003, 05:17 AM
Hey, your stuff is really cool.
You should do Cammy sometime!

John_Shaft Yeah, I noticed that too.

Shad0W6600
08-14-2003, 05:37 AM
Nice colors/lighting...overall a really great piece! :thumbsup:

bengal
08-14-2003, 07:32 AM
about defying physics, it was kinda the aim of the picture : she is a ninja! ;)

spoony>> i already did cammy! and chun-li and sakura already, too. you can find them in here, or on my gallery! thank you!

all>> thanks, people!! more to come!!

StaNz
08-14-2003, 12:18 PM
I like the color u always use in u painting!!!
can u share some of u experience incolor using!!??
I will like to hear........

beatabix
08-14-2003, 02:29 PM
STRAT -> i think you meant "present company EXCEPTED", meaning 'the exception'. Not "ACCEPTED", meaning something is included.

bengal -> very nice picture. your site has been my illustration hub for the past month, so post more links now!

later
BEAT

spoony_bard
08-15-2003, 05:08 AM
hehe, sorry about that. Your backgrounds are awesome; they are integrated really well into your compositions. They definitely don't take the focus away from the characters.

lildragon
08-17-2003, 12:51 PM
Wee bit behind on everything these days, but I'm catching back up :) Bah another Bengal! I mean seriously is this all you've got??!?! Heh just kidding with ya, but seriously I love your work, and especially the colors as I've said in your other piece. The only thing that bothers me a bit with this one, is her calf area, it seems rather embedded into to hamstring area of the leg, as a result making her seem to have rather skinny shins, know what I mean? It's almost like her feet are also too big as a result of it, maybe it's the character but that looks odd to me.

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Nice work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_aug03_2.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

bengal
08-17-2003, 03:05 PM
lildragon>> eh yes, i see the issues in this piece. but what's been done has been done, heh? ;) next will be better, i still hope and hope! thanks for the award, byt the way, i'm to put them on my webpage as soon as i got the new layout, soon!
thx again yall!!!

lily chang
08-20-2003, 10:45 AM
yes,i like the feel of sunshine.:wip: :love:

michael101171
11-07-2004, 10:03 PM
So cool, great composition!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.