PDA

View Full Version : HHow to create straw or hay as stuffing?

HapZungLam
05-14-2002, 07:14 PM
Working on a scarcrow character. Does anyone have a good way of how to create straw or hay as stuffing either by geometry or by texturing. we would appreciate of any suggestions.:shrug:

leigh
05-15-2002, 04:29 PM
Ummmm... why not try using a hair or fur plugin? Careful manipulation of that could produce some cool hay, I'm sure :bounce:

LucentDreams
05-16-2002, 10:15 AM
Depends on what you will be doing with it. I would say you can get awesome looks out of textures, hair plugs, or acutal geometry, but which is best depends on the situatiion and such. The fastest in my opinion is modeling the chape of the bunch and painting textures. I have a Cornbroom (straw) somewhere and could try to find it if you want. a hair plugin would be fantastic though render time may be longer and you may not have acces to a plugin and no money to get one. Acutally modeling eaverything is a little more times consuming but still not too bad and will look fantastic this and the hair can be animated where the modeled shape witha texture map is far more limited in an animation sense.

element412
05-20-2002, 02:25 AM
y dont with what they do it..but there is really awesome animated shraw in ''SHREK''

element

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.