PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Plans New Game Product, Coy on Details

RobertoOrtiz
08-07-2003, 03:53 PM
Quote:

"Game Boy creator Nintendo (news - web sites) Co Ltd said on Thursday it will reveal details of a new game product next year but was coy on details, only saying it will be a surprise.
"We are preparing a new product which will be surprising and unique," President Satoru Iwata told a news conference on the videogame maker's business strategy. "

>>Link<< (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=569&ncid=738&e=2&u=/nm/20030807/tc_nm/tech_nintendo_dc)

-R

erilaz
08-07-2003, 04:01 PM
Those teases!:p

samgrice
08-07-2003, 04:35 PM
its probably: game & watch Advance SP Alpha EX v2!

Jayk2k
08-07-2003, 06:38 PM
Heh.. Virtual-Boy cometh again.... :surprised

Cyberdigitus
08-07-2003, 10:14 PM
another new game boy maybe, to counter sony's announcement ... ?

Icarus
08-08-2003, 03:44 AM
i really hope its something good, the gamecube was a pos in my opinion, worst console ive ever purchased, (next to the dream-cast)

TyR-

Apt Pupil
08-08-2003, 04:45 AM
I hope they'll make a lap-boy (i.e laptop). With today's technology becoming cheaper and cheaper, I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a totally portable council in a laptop format.

That would certainly be something:cool:

erilaz
08-08-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Tyrinid
i really hope its something good, the gamecube was a pos in my opinion, worst console ive ever purchased, (next to the dream-cast)

TyR-

Are you serious??? I guess it depends on what games you're into.:D

Icarus
08-08-2003, 05:58 AM
hmm... ive never really been a console person, i used to love the snes and older systems, but really.. the gamecube, i dunno,

i had noticed wiht nintendo that the gamecube was / had awsome parts, very powerfull system, but the thing i didnt like was the majority of games were children based ones : eg mario, etc etc etc, where i want FPS gore games eg: resident evil (maybe 3rd person), after that, i lost interest i guess, and the games pointless in the end, but i loved the N64 though, that was a Awsome System, so i dunno,

I really hope their next system really pulls ace, otherwise i'd use it as a door stop, but sega, their just dead :)

Dont hate me erilaz, Im only a gamer ;P

Faverote Game : Unreal Tournament 2003 / Quake III Arena,

TyR-

erilaz
08-08-2003, 06:15 AM
No hate, just wondering why.:D I bought the cube purely for the classics. Zelda, Mario and Metroid. I wasn't disappointed.

...well, okay maybe mario was not that great, but Zelda and metroid ROCK!:D

AnimBot
08-08-2003, 08:00 AM

Are you kidding me! The dreamcast was a GREAT! system . The amount of quality games that came out for the dreamcast in the short amount of time it was around was so great. It's too bad it died before it's time.

victor throe
08-08-2003, 09:00 AM
the dream cast is still good today

second only to the xbox

i blame its failure on that shitty 3d sonic

bring back the 2d platformers!!

Icarus
08-08-2003, 09:01 AM
hmm... Personally i dont think it died before its time, arag, i dunno,

Consoles are all heading towards the same path now, The 3rd / 4th Generation ones will be interesting,

Erilaz, Yes, Zelda would have to be one of my faverote Games... I still play to this very day :)

TyR-

samgrice
08-08-2003, 02:45 PM
The way i see it, is that if you buy a nintendo consol, your garanteed to get 3-6 groundbreaking games that you will play forever. The problem with games, on any games system, is that 90% of them just arnt worth the bother.

I dont really have enough time to play games that often so zelda and metroid are gonna last me all year. I dont really care how many games will come out for a system, just as long as it has one killer game every year.

I guess it just depends on how often you play games:shrug:

bentllama
08-10-2003, 03:23 AM
*yawn*

BiTMAP
08-10-2003, 07:52 AM
I Don't own a console, but i' mstaying at my best friends and he owns a Gamecube
and well Most games are rather dull, I don't mind a few. I've been playing through Zelda, and I enjoy it Completly, becuase I'm actualy able to play it and pass the puzzles and GET Places. I enjoyed metroid for a "Bit" but I started to get bored of killing the same monsters over and over again, also the monsters all felt like in each "world" they had hte same monsters just suited to the climate... *yawn*. And Mario was a coool looking game, but really, it was a retarded concept. Smash however is a blast becuase of the fun you get in mutliplayer action, just gotta learn to play the characters.

Now I would love to try the X-Box on for size, but I doubt I'll ever buy a console, they would end up costing me too much cuase the games don't last me, i need to get into the game and change it.

clusterfuq
08-10-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Apt Pupil
I hope they'll make a lap-boy (i.e laptop).

aren't lapboys illegal these days? (har-de-har-har)

TheGreenGiant
08-10-2003, 08:04 PM
well, I'm not excited about this. But that only cause I expect it to be a PSP challenger... that and the fact that I still think it is too soon for another next gen consoles from the BIG 3.

That said, my cube w GBPlayer and PS2 get wayyy more playtime each (by about 5 fold) than my xbox.

Icarus
08-11-2003, 03:38 AM
All You're Buying is a cheap computer,

Save the money, and get one, more enjoyment,

Blah!

TyR-

Neil
08-11-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by bentllama
*yawn*

Sorry to bore you, will someone please mention Halo or Halo 2 so that Bent can feel connected?

Larry_g1s
08-11-2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Neil
Sorry to bore you, will someone please mention Halo or Halo 2 so that Bent can feel connected?

:applause:

Yeah, I heard the news to. I wonder what it could be. I've thoroughly been happy with my GameCube purchase, and it's nice to see Nintendo becoming more agressive. I guess we'll find out sometime soon. My bet is it's something to combat Sony's announcement. :shrug:

bentllama
08-11-2003, 06:22 AM

Can someone get Neil a pillow to tape to his arse for when he falls off the bandwagon? [joking]

games are personal preference... if I say that I do not ike a game it doesn't mean I do not respect fellow game dev peers and their work, I just prefer to play other games...if I do not like a game, well, that is my opinion...and I always have some constuctive reasons why I hold that opinion. I am a fan of many games, as most of you are, so please stop with the Halo references [Neil]. Every dev at Bungie has different tastes in games and I know that a couple designers are huge fans of the cube.

the "yawn" was spawned by Nintendo's retarded unwillingness to step on over to the online arena. I prefer online play over most single player experiences. I like to outsmart human opponents, because more often than not AI is just too easy, or too direct.

Online play greatly enhances replay value of a game, and it increases the audience size...

For the handful of single player GC games out there...it doesnt justify me buying a GC console...yet...now I do play the heck out of my GBAsp, but that is another thread...

if only nintendo had online play...

Supervlieg
08-11-2003, 02:20 PM
I think it will be some kind of souped up GBA with roughly the same specs as the PSP. Possibly a bit better specs. It will be flooded by n64 remakes probably...

Neil
08-12-2003, 12:54 AM
Can someone get Neil a pillow to tape to his arse for when he falls off the bandwagon? [joking]

the "yawn" was spawned by Nintendo's retarded unwillingness to step on over to the online arena. I prefer online play over most single player experiences. I like to outsmart human opponents, because more often than not AI is just too easy, or too direct.

Online play greatly enhances replay value of a game, and it increases the audience size...

For the handful of single player GC games out there...it doesnt justify me buying a GC console...yet...now I do play the heck out of my GBAsp, but that is another thread...

if only nintendo had online play...

Ok, well ANYTHING would have been more descriptive and contributing to the conversation than 'yawn'. I know if i did it, i'd get my ass chewed out by a mod.

The reason why Nintendo probably hasn't gone online yet is b/c there are still a lot of people out there (me included) who believe that online gaming is best done on the PC. I've seen some nice advances, but the lure of consol gaming for me is still the ability to put in a disc, press power and start playing in under 2 min. Not waiting to connect, finding a game, finding a room that's not full..etc.. that can all be done on the PC :)

bentllama
08-12-2003, 05:33 AM
Ok, well ANYTHING would have been more descriptive and contributing to the conversation than 'yawn'. I know if i did it, i'd get my ass chewed out by a mod.

The reason why Nintendo probably hasn't gone online yet is b/c there are still a lot of people out there (me included) who believe that online gaming is best done on the PC. I've seen some nice advances, but the lure of consol gaming for me is still the ability to put in a disc, press power and start playing in under 2 min. Not waiting to connect, finding a game, finding a room that's not full..etc.. that can all be done on the PC :)

that can all be done with xbox live as well

bonecow
08-12-2003, 06:52 AM
God. My little 3 yr. old son has me playing Star Fox on the GC every friggin day. What scares me is that I actually enjoy it. I think it's cool that a console can have "childish" games that are so much fun. The depth is amazing. Can't say that much for the other systems when you want something family oriented. I got my fingers crossed it's going to be a hit and maybe it will have DVD support this time around. (yeah right)

BTW.... What happened to the system that was going to allow you to play PC games on the TV? Haven't heard from that company in a while. Probably just crap.

The Cross
08-12-2003, 06:58 AM
I think if Nintendo made an online version of F-Zero, it would definatly bring together it's own community. As for the most part i think Nintendo's most interesting aspects of their hit multiplayer games, are the fact that you can laugh about it while you are in the presence of the other players.

For Sony, an online Gran Torismo would give them a better reputation for online gaming. Everything that we ever wanted online was supose to come from them anyway, So far it's been set back and delays, leaving us with crappy online games. XboX on the other hand seems to be the one that's bringing it home when it comes to online interactivity. And the little exsperience i have playing Halo (Probably less than 10 hours) I still think it's better when you're buddies are right there in the room as you plot out your stragities and such.

Maybe later on i'll buy an XboX cause i'm interested in the Online Streetfighter with the head set. Cause true say, There's nothing like a cocky stranger getting his ass fixed.

mikewebb
08-12-2003, 07:24 AM
"Nintendo said on Thursday it will reveal details of a new game product next year. 'We are preparing a new product, which will be surprising and unique'"

And, they also added, "I believe Ford is working on a new model of car... and Nikon is thinking about some kind of new camera."

Come on Nintendo, give us more info. :D

bentllama
08-12-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by The Cross
Maybe later on i'll buy an XboX cause i'm interested in the Online Streetfighter with the head set. Cause true say, There's nothing like a cocky stranger getting his ass fixed.

do it it won't dissappoint.

'tis a sweet feeling to rip someone up the side of the head with a hurricane kick while called him a "beotch" over the mic.

The Cross
08-12-2003, 07:44 AM
do it it won't dissappoint.

'tis a sweet feeling to rip someone up the side of the head with a hurricane kick while called him a "beotch" over the mic.

Whoa !!....I feel all giddy all of a sudden !

Must own it !!

coupon
08-13-2003, 06:14 AM
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/08/11/2029245

Sweet! GBA robots, we all need robots.

dAfTiE
08-13-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by bonecow

BTW.... What happened to the system that was going to allow you to play PC games on the TV? Haven't heard from that company in a while. Probably just crap.

Only thing you need to play PC games on the TV is a decent graphics card,
and either a scart cable or a svhs cable.

Just hook that up and get a gamepad and every console out there just starts looking silly,IMHO.

Only thing I want right now is the GP32...
http://www.gp32news.com/gp32news/system/system01.gif

doodie
08-14-2003, 01:55 AM
none of you lot know what you are talking about...

Bluemilk
08-14-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Tyrinid

TyR-
wtf.....Dreamcast was an amazingly underated machine. I still play mine now. Great if you like fighting games as its basically a naomi anyway.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.