PDA

View Full Version : External renderer not working

corysea
09-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Friends,

My external renderer has stopped working. The black screen shows the usual progress however the timing steps are always the same and very slow, no matter whether an ordinarily fast or slow TGA, avi, tiff,or anything else is being processed. No actual render is actually produced. This has happened before and was one of the reasons that I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled everything only about a month ago. I do not want to do this again and Vue 7.5 Infinite is not that useful to me if the external renderer does not work. The internal renderer is working. I am using a Vista 64 bit 4 core computer.

Many thanks,

Cory Sea

nPellegrino
09-07-2009, 04:59 AM
are you using HyperVue and cows, or a RenderNode Network?

sound like a possible vista issue to me. Vista was a networking nightmare for me.

are all the systems on your network x64 and running vista?

I've also had problems when writing to a network drive.

corysea
09-07-2009, 05:35 AM
Thank you for your response. No, I'm not using hypervue and Cows or a rendernode network.
I'm just trying to use the external renderer to render an animation.

Thanks again,
Cory

InfernalDarkness
09-17-2009, 10:17 PM
...under Windows 7 x64. It worked before, and now batch rendering doesn't work at all.

I think this is, at least in part, due to Vue's obnoxious file extension ".eon". Why they can't just make an .exe file is beyond me, though. Firewall's are all off, and still no external rendering.

Makes me wonder if there's anything in Vue that does work properly, sometimes.

HiTekJeff
09-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Thank you for your response. No, I'm not using hypervue and Cows or a rendernode network.
I'm just trying to use the external renderer to render an animation.

Thanks again,
Cory

Can't speak for the external renderer as I haven't tried that yet. But I have tried setting up a RenderCow on my home network using Windows 7 64 bit RC as the primary and another PC running XP as the "Cow". It seemed to work fine at the time but I have not tested it on an extensive basis. I plan to setup things on a more permanent scale once Windows 7 actually ships and can tell you more then if you want to PM me here.

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2009, 11:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.